Gilera ice 125 Conversion

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Martin, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin New Member

not good, i cant insure it and im not driving it illegally. so waiting to see some options.

and the ice engine has no disk mounts.

2. piaggiozipkid50

piaggiozipkid50 New Member

how cums u carnt get insured mate? dont you have to re reg it.

3. Martin

Martin New Member

did a good few test quotes.. told them it was reg'd etc etc... all want engineer's report and some other bollox test papers. another words because iv done it myself i cant get it insured.

tried making bollox excuses but basicly they said rules are rules. so im pretty fucked off.

4. piaggiozipkid50

piaggiozipkid50 New Member

bloody hell mate id just get all the tests done dude, all that hard work looks good though.

5. Martin

Martin New Member

its not test's as such it basicly needs to be converted by a garage (fuck that). i knew some companys wanted these papers, but thought id get away with it with lexham as they have Gilera ICE 125 in their DB but demanding paper work from garage.

so yeh not good atm leaving it for a bit or il end up ditching it because its anoying me

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    book it in at the dvla for an sva test, they can come out nto do it for you if you cant get it there.. be warned tho my last one took months to come round. aslong as its got an sva test its perfectly legal whoever the fuck built it. if it passes you give that peice of paper and thats YOUR engineers report as you are the engineer and its been tested. or insure it as a 50 for legal reasons. illegal but on paper your cool, i wouldent sudgest this tho

7. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

fuck it, just insure it as a 50 if they dont pass it, i mean nearly every mate I know has had a 70 kit conversion and now matter how many excuses or sva's you cant ride one of them at 16. Thing is your 17 and you should be legit to ride it,

fair enough about the report thingy all that does is ensure its safe like an mot, so they know you havent super glued it onto the frame

but if the worst comes to the worst, fuck em, change the insurance company and insure it as a 50, just dont crash! :pimp:

8. Martin

Martin New Member

i happen to know someone who's just been sent down for that. part of the reason iv had a sudden change in mind in doing it the illegal way. So its on hold now till i decide what to do. and im 19. and 70 is hardly a change really compared to a complete engine change. will probably finish it but im doing my full license test as i want a bigger bike.

9. Martin

Martin New Member

on the hunt for a garage to check over my conversion and will do an engineer's report.. wish me luck xD

10. SpAnNeR

SpAnNeR New Member

goto one of them garages with a dodgy rep and offer them 50 quid :D

11. dos

dos Member

Rides:
    Typhoon172
    lol i still cant decide .. Gilera Stalker with a Typhoon 125 01 plate engine..
    Or a Gilera Ice with a Typhoon 01 plate engine .. :( :( :(

12. Martin

Martin New Member

lol, make sure you think it through before you decide.

just thought id let people know, iv nicked the lump from the ice and using it for an sr125 im building. yeah, i got hooked on the SR's..

i did 98% of the conversion and got it all working but i just went off it.

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    dont do a conversion to a post 02 bike.. wont ever pass an mot

14. Martin

Martin New Member

#1 problem i had with the ice...

15. Martin

Martin New Member

emission laws

16. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

yeh think you jjst might be in time aero. if its 52 then is before september. thats when you 02 came out. and if it is 02 like minor said you wont need to be emission tested.

17. Speedy 172

Speedy 172 Active Member

mines a 99 so am i safe :wtf: ??

18. Nitro-Rhys

Nitro-Rhys Active Member

52 is later than 02

19. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

my bad :w00t:

20. dos

dos Member

Rides:
    Typhoon172
    All n all i reckon martin should sell the ice to me so i can use it for my sole purpose to ride around not legal at Ace cafe if anything ill give you my really nice typhoon with a nice kundo chrome and some dosh on top tax n mot 6months :emb: :D