GILERA DNA 50CC HEADLIGHTS ? make brighter

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by joe kearney, Feb 17, 2017.

?

How do i upgrade or make brighter the headlight on a gilera 50cc dna

1. led upgrade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. brighter bulbs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. joe kearney

joe kearney New Member

hello
    how can i make the headlights and dipped beam brighter / better on a 50 cc gilera dna twist and go
    please
    any suggestions gratefully accepted
    many thanks
    joe

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Led's are not legal in uk at the mo as they do not carry and EC mark , you also have problems at mot time with them not casting the corretc light pattern.

brighter bulbs : problem here is HID lights are expensive and require a large ballast to power them, they are also not very legal in the uk either.... adding a higher wattage bulb could see you in trouble to as the scooter can only supply a certain amount of wattage ( amps ), if you exceed this rate your run the risk of things like horn not working or lights /brake lamps / indicators playing up .

you could maybe swap out to a halogen equivelent of your current bulb, but be warned these do get a lot hotter than the standard bulbs and you could end up melting the bulb mounting or even the headlamp itself under continious use.

Better still is to do what most folks are now doing and that is to supplement your main lights with Daylight running lamps , at night when it gets dark you can flick a switch and the high power daylight led lamps come into play making the road ahead a little better seen. these are usually mounted down low on the front forks , of off crash bars on motorcycles , for us scooterists the best place is on the front fork stays or somehow hackig them into the front of the scooters bodywork.

joe kearney likes this.
  3. joe kearney

joe kearney New Member

thanks for this
    where can i get these lights and how do i know which ones to get ?
    dont want to damage the wiring etc
    many thanks
    joe

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    thats ok joe no need to damage any wiring, all your going to do is add wiring from your battery to a on/off switch on your bars and then to your lights.

ebay-amazon sell daylight driving lamps. let me link some from amazon so you know what your looking for. something like this is what your looking for. ebay sell them and amazon so shop around and see what you like. your local bike shop would nodoubt fit them for you to for a charge ( just tell them direct to battery via a on/off switch and not via the headlight switch and headlight circuit ). Oh and welcome to the Scooter Shack joe

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AUDEW-Moto...8&qid=1487376004&sr=1-3&keywords=led+fog+lamp

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  5. joe kearney

joe kearney New Member

brilliant
    thanks for your advice
    joe

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I have LED in a few of my bikes, you can find them with E marks, but they cost a bit.
    But the ones i use are not legal...
    Try first a higher wattage bulb (instead of 35 for instance use 50) petrol stations sell them as do bike shops/automotive stores