Gilera DNA 50 fuel flow problem

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Adam67, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Adam67

Adam67 New Member

Have a Gilera DNA 50 that was running fine. It ran out of fuel, now cannot seem to get constant flow back to the carb. Took carb off and cleaned, air filter cleaned, pulled fuel vacuum tap out of the bottom of the fuel tank and blew out with air compressor, cleaned. Put vacuum tap back on.Took fuel pump off and cleaned insides and remounted. Replaced fuel hose from vaccuum tap to fuel pump. Cleaned out vacuum line from carb to vacuum pump. Primed line from fuel pump to carb. Used a shop vac to open tap value and saw fuel runing from vacuum tap to fuel pump. Can see fuel running from vacuum tap to fuel pump and fuel pump to carb when the bike is started...but not a constant stream and has air bubbles in it. Bike starts and runs for a while then is starved of fuel and cuts out.

Can't figure out what else could be wrong? Is it something with the carb float getting stuck?

2. jamesdna

jamesdna New Member

Rides:
    gilera dna
    yer check the float has not come of the pin and sound like still got bit of air lock?
    i had this trouble with mine dna few months ago, what i did?
    turn the bike on by the key, suck on the vaccum tube urself by pumping the kick start with ur hand, till bike start then quick put vaccum back on carb?

3. J4CK

J4CK Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG 172
    Take your vacuum and your petrol pipe suck on your vacuum gently and see if fuel comes out should come out fairly quick not in little trickles and then suck the vacuum again gently and hold your finger over the end so it doesn't suck any air back in and see if a constant flow of petrol comes out if so then check your vacuum on the carb get a wire brush pull one of the strands of wire out and poke it in your vacuum on your carb in case there is any shit blocking it using a strand off a wire brush is also a good way to clean jets :D

4. jamesdna

jamesdna New Member

Rides:
    gilera dna
    J4ck dont forget Dna have patrol pump!

5. phill82

phill82 Member

Mines doing the same gd spark just want fire up