Gilera DNA 50 Derestriction?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Mp, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Mp

Mp New Member

First off, the bikes a 50cc Gilera DNA 2008 plates, where are the restrictors at? Tons of rumors are saying the CDI rev's are restricted, exhaust washers in place, carb, front pulleys.. are all these actually restricted?

Does anyone know a guide to derestrict?

PLEASE and this means please, only post if you own a Gilera DNA 50 so it knocks out all the confusion about the restrictors as different people say different things!

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    I don't own a DNA, i own an ice which is pretty much the same (just air cooled)

the restrictions are:

1. the exhaust (usually an extra pipe coming off it, cut it off and weld up the hole)

2. The variator, there is a spacer that stops the 2 pulleys moving together totally

3. you will probably need a slightly bigger mainjet

There is also a gold plate between the carb and the airbox hose, its got about 5 holes in it and a cutaway, don't remove this as it keeps the airflow right for the carb or something.

i'm 99% sure the dna isnt cdi restricted (none of the ones i've come across are anyway)

Jiz0# likes this.
  3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    wobbely got it spot on..

as for the plate, its there as the carb is a little big.. it diverts air into the jet, idle/choke/pilot curcit's.. this should be left in place for now, you can remove it but its a fiddle to set it up and uses more fuel.. dont really go any better untill you have a few parts on there so leave it be for now

4. Mp

Mp New Member

Probably have to widen out the inlet aswell right?

5. Mp

Mp New Member

anyone, manifold inlet?

6. Vesta

Vesta New Member

no mate.

7. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    the majority aren't restricted there. you get the odd one i've seen with a restrictive manifold or reedblock (can't remember off the top of my head) but i'm pretty sure that the DNAs aren't restricted there.

8. jayzee19

jayzee19 Member

i can say for a fact that DNA 50s' arent restricted from the Cdi because i have just reuilt a dna with racing crank, malossi sport 70cc, 21mm etc and i managed to get 13000 rpm from the bike with an original coil (red) and CDI and on the speedo the red line starts at 11000 so i'm 100%sure!!! Its definetly restricted from the exhaust and thats all i can say!!

9. Mp

Mp New Member

yeah, ive checked over the exhaust and its got two coming off it - so looks like im wielding tomorrow lol

10. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yeah, one goes nowhere and the other goes to the air valve thing for the emmisions. can lop both off and blank the air pipe off or leave that on and just lop the one near the manifold off.

11. shogun139

shogun139 New Member

the pipe that goes from the exhaust into the secondary air system can this be cut off and blanked at the exhaust end and the secondary air system end be left open?

12. derekjohn

derekjohn anyone got a 125/172/182 engine for sale?

Rides:
    NRG power
    i chopped the lot off, run fine, dont see why you would leave it on