Getting back into scooters

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by MNlibtech, Aug 24, 2019.

1. MNlibtech

MNlibtech New Member

Hi as the title says I’m getting back into scooters/mopeds. I used to have a couple of tomos back in the day that had some kits and other mods, would go about 55. So I just picked up this 2005 Piaggio Typhoon 50 for $450 which I thought was a great deal for a bike with only 900miles on it. It goes about 42mph right now on the flats. Would like to upgrade this asap. Most roads around my place are 45mph. Been doing some research on kits and pipes and different combos. Question is what parts list should I get for best bang for the buck? Should I do the cylinder kit right away so then I have the right pipe for it, was thinking about just pipe and cvt work at first? My budget is kind of middle of the road on what I want to spend. Needs to be reliable to take back and forth to work!

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Any Pictures?

3. MNlibtech

MNlibtech New Member

As it sits right now. Dude was super chill I bought it from. Had a couple of them actually for his family when they go on rv trips, I read up a little bit on the bike before purchase to make sure the was parts to make these bikes decently fast. Right now I was going to order from scootertuning.ca was Polini team 4 exhaust, Polini sport cylinder kit and Polini hispeed evo variator and upbeat the carb.

Attached Files: