Get Yamaha C3 50cc to go 50mph

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by IdoSeadoo, Apr 16, 2019.

1. IdoSeadoo

IdoSeadoo New Member

Hey guys, I have a 2015 vino classic with the little 50cc and it's too slow top end. I don't want to get a moto license, hence want to stay with the 50cc. Plus I love the mpg. I DON'T love the MPH tho. I don't care how long it takes to get there, the thing needs to go 50mph. It's dangerous to ride on roads going only 40. All speed limits around here 45. It's fine in the bike lane, but definitely gets skechy when crossing across lanes. Some say a variator is all I need, but unless it can change the final gear ratio, I don't see how it can get me to go faster. Has anyone changed JUST the variator on one of these C3 engine vino's? What brand did you use?

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I have on lots of Yamaha neos. I'm pretty sure it's the same motor. 4t injection right?
    I mean it just touches 50mph. But I'm super light.
    I think with a remap and a vario change you will see 50mph easy. I've ridden a couple of remapped ones but never really pushed it to see what the top speed is, I can remember them doing about 60kmh with ease (my test ride route had a 60 zone).

3. IdoSeadoo

IdoSeadoo New Member

how do you get a remap? do you have to purchase an aftermarket ecu?

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I worked for a main dealer. We had the Yamaha diagnostic machine. Plug it into the green lead and tell it what you want.
    I guess there are some pretty good priced "open" ecu modules on the market.
    With the Yamaha one you can only remove the 45kmh limit, I guess an aftermarket one has a decent ignition curve and puts more fuel through the whole range.

5. IdoSeadoo

IdoSeadoo New Member

Mine must not have the european limiter, as I can hit 40mph. I don't care to put more fuel through, just to rev it a bit higher, maybe another 800rpm? I think the engine can handle that without major valve float.

scubabiker likes this.
  6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah they rev pretty low I think. Guessing they top out at like 6krpm?
    Where in the world are you?

7. IdoSeadoo

IdoSeadoo New Member

I'm down here in South Florida. It's nice for scooters as most major roads have a bike lane, even if it's not ALWAYS present, it helps for drivers to pass you. I live about 15mi from the beach, and along Ocean Drive, it's a nice 30mph speed limit. Perfect for mopeds. Further down in Miami, it's very practical to have one, as everything is close, but still the majority have cars. It's so nice and warm year round here, I'm surprised it's not more popular. I'm about 40mi north of Miami.

scubabiker likes this.
  8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Have a hunt around motogaga.com too...