generic cracker 50cc derestrition help

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by spangled, Jun 26, 2017.

1. spangled

spangled New Member

hi guys
    i have generic cracker 50cc could do with some advice please my top speed is 30/32 flat road 40 down big hills lol

i have been reading online that thay have restricters on and some say thay dont

are there any ?
    an does anybody know how to remove them any advice is gratefull thank you

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    hello spangled and welcome to the scooter shack.

the cracker is a 49.9cc two stroke, so there tends to be multi restrictions inplace.

Exhaust is one place the engine is restricted for making power, the stock factory exhausts tend to be restrictive in the amount of gasses they allow to leave the engine, most folks will swap these stock exhausts out and replace with a sports exhaust , when this is done the carb needs to be upjetted so you can let a little more fuel in .

the next area tends to be the variator its on the left side of the scooter engine behind the cover where the kickstart is , you will need the correct tools to remove this cover and the nut that holds on the variator to the crank, when the nut is removed the front fixed pulley half will slip off and behind this you tend to find a restriction washer ring, it stops the variator opening out fully and hence restricts how far the belt can ride up affecting your top speed.

on occasions the CDI in the bike is restricted to not allow the engine to go above a set amount of rpms , an unrestricted cdi removes this rpm limiter and lets the scooter rev a lot higher than in stock form.

these are the main three areas a scooter is restricted, some scooters may have one restriction device and others may have the full three restrictions in place. Hope this helps you out. i would first start at the variator and see if there is a restriction ring , you can then look towards maybe adding a new exhaust pipe and/or a new un-restricted cdi

spangled likes this.
  3. spangled

spangled New Member

thank you so much i will have a look tonite at the variator an take it from there thank you for takin time out to read my post an for the great advice

i will keep you updated

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    your welcome Spangled

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Is that the "chinese" version of the derbi senda?

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    no tiz scooter buddy, more styled like a ludix blaster but not so compact, think more of a love child crated by a ludix blaster getting off with a neos lol and the outcome is a Cracker

scubabiker likes this.
  7. spangled

spangled New Member

sorry to be a nuscence but any chance u know where the cdi box is located

an also have been pricing up a new exhaust 79.99 shipped so thats going to be ordered friday

8. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    somewhere like this fella, you want to either ring /or email them just to make sure it will fit your scooter, you may also want to remove your side panels and find the stock CDI and check the connectors on the stock cdi are like those shown on the unrestricted cdi. http://www.racing-planet.co.uk/naraku-unrestricted-keeway-generic-p-5338-1.html#.WVKuO6nrxv0

You do not need to do any tinkering, just unplug your CDI and plug the new one in .

a new exhaust means you will need to REJET your carb so you get a bit more fuel flowing into the engine otherwise you run the risk of running the engine lean ( to much air not enough fuel ) and overheating it or worse heat siezing the engine. ( a local bike shop will be able to upjet for a fee )

spangled likes this.
  9. spangled

spangled New Member

thank you so much for ur help

maybe i should start with the cdi an variator

an then get the upjet an exhuast done at the same time

you are very knoledgable person

thank you for all ur help