Funky Moped!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Arnold Layne, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne New Member

Hi, my first post so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Vince, I'm (sometimes) an HGV driver and for the first time in over 40 years I've bought a moped, a Vespa/Piaggio ET2.

It's a bit of a restoration project but nothing too difficult. I live on a narrowboat, I work in the Winter and go off cruising for six months in the Summer and I needed a small motorised bike which I can take away with me so I can buzz off to the shops, go exploring etc- I will make up a frame for it and keep it on the front deck.

Here's a pic of my boat which I took this Summer on the Caldon Canal.

[​IMG]

And here's the bike. It's a Y-reg with around 25,000 miles on the speedo (which isn't currently working so it is probably a fair bit higher), but it starts and runs well enough and all of the electrics seem to work, sort of.

[​IMG]

It doesn't currently have an MOT but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't pass when I take it up for one either next Saturday or the one after.

I'm sure I will have loads of questions, but I will start off with just one. It's obviously been "dropped" several times and there are numerous abrasions to the front fairing and side panels, which I will tidy up with a metal file and some spray filler as and when before touching up the paint.

So the first question is, what is the paint? A Google suggests that it is probably Piaggio Midnight Blue, is this right, or is it something else?

I'm sure I will have more questions to ask over the coming months, and while I'm fairly mechanically competent, Vespas are a whole new ball game so bear with me!

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Hi Vince
    HGV driver, lives on a boat, only works winter, goes cruising in the summer..............
    Question:
    Did you work at Silverline in nuneaton through the agency a few weeks ago?

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Steve is trying to get your boat....
    Just chuck the vespa in the canal to save time...
    Im colourblind so errr green?
    A tomos is perfect for what you mentioned. You can buy them new. Great little bikes

4. LanceJnr44

LanceJnr44 New Member

awesome lifestyle! them vespas are solid scoots mate just abit heavy lol keep us posted.