Full wave conversion of 110cc Honda Wave stator help! Any Tagalog speakers?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by fuzzybabybunny, Mar 4, 2021.

1. fuzzybabybunny

fuzzybabybunny New Member

I'm trying to follow this video but I can't speak Tagalog. My model of bike isn't available in English-speaking countries.

This is my stator:

- 12 coils
    - green wire is to the stator ground
    - the stator coils are connected to the stator ground in four places, one in the front and three in the back
    - yellow and white wires are outputs from the stator
    - blue striped wire is from the pickup coil

Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

(If you look closely you can see that two copper wires are soldered to the same point)
    [​IMG]

This is the full wave four wire regulator rectifier that I bought for this project... but in the video they use a five wire version. Will my four wire still work? My stock half-wave one only had four wires.

[​IMG]

This is how the video wants me to modify my stator:

[​IMG]

I don't understand what's happening here. I'm basically disconnecting the yellow and one of the copper wires from the stator ground, and linking them directly together.

How would this affect the output on the yellow, white, and green wires coming out of the modified stator?

As far as I can tell, I'm not "floating" the stator off of stator ground because there are still three spots on the back where the copper coils are connected to the stator ground.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Basically all you are doing is connecting two of the stator output wires together to create a two wire link instead of three. The output should remain the same.
    Like the reg/rec, a stator has positive, negative and output wires. Obviously positive and negative are crucial connections, but the output wires can near enough go anywhere in any order to the loom connection.

3. fuzzybabybunny

fuzzybabybunny New Member

I did some measurements last night with the thing put back together:

[​IMG]