Full SR50 Rebuild

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by alexsr70, Feb 22, 2008.

1. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

ok, when i first built up my bike i was running
    Malossi MHR Crank
    Malossi MHR-Rep 70cc
    Malossi MHR-Rep Reedblock
    Dellorto 21mm Carb + Manual Choke
    Malossi E5 Air-Filter
    Malossi Variator
    Malossi Kevlar Belt
    Malossi Delta Clutch

and then the other day it seized, well i thought it was a seize.........

So i started stripping the bike back, removing panels, draining coolant and removing the engine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i got the engine out, and i stripped it of the variator, clutch, belt, carb, manifold reedblock etc. So all that was left was the top-end and bottom-end

i took the head off, and it was dented and scratched.
    i then took the barrel off and it wasn't too bad, despite one deep score.
    and then i check the piston, it was fucked looool. So a new Cylinder kit i think........

Now im going to order another rep kit, but i thought i'd do a bit of case flowing as capri dave has done for his kit, onbce i split the engine i looked at the bearings

[​IMG]

turns out this is why my bike 'seized'. i managed to find a bit of bearing cage wedged in the spark plug looool

so i started doing a lil bit of the cases last night, im not going to do much, just a lil bit

[​IMG]

Also as capri dave noticed the rep cylinder itself needs opening up to match the cases, is it wise to do so????

[​IMG]

Cranks in my freezer as we speak, and the cases need a good clean and then there getting a new lick of paint too, so hopefully i will have some updates soon :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE

Right, everything i need is now on order and so i started work on my panels.
    Im gna do something special with the flywheel cover cos ive never really seen much done to them on 50's

[​IMG]

Ive also finish one of the front panels and put the first vinyl on, more to follow dont worry!!

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE

Right got a few more pics as some bits have been finished, firstly...
    my front middle panel is done
    [​IMG]

Fitted the perspex and painted the flywheel cover
    [​IMG]

I then polished up my flywheel itself, mirror finish!
    [​IMG]

And a lil idea of what it will look like...
    [​IMG]

UPDATE

Finished off the panels and stickers, this is the right side of panels
    [​IMG]

finished my undertray tooo, all smoothed out with numberplate bracket ready mounted in it. you can see a glimpse of my rear shock too
    [​IMG]

fitted front indicators on front middle panel, because of the renthals. Those arent the final bars just put them to check the height of my custom stem was right.
    [​IMG]

also removed the clock and speedo etc from the orginal handlebars and ive sealed it all up, should look like this when on the bars.
    [​IMG]

UPDATE

Right the bike is almost done, it looks like a bike now lol
    all thats left to do is get wheels painted and new tires fitted, sort a colour out for the belly pan and get the rear seat covered.

How it looks now
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

almost finished, apologies for bad quality pic!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As promised.

The engine was boring! Plus bearing failure for the second time so stripped it down no im goin in a completely different direction, power power power!

[​IMG]

Chemical metal'd all that was needed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then got some PROPER work done on the cases, ive had ALOT of help with this so far

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Matched up my manifold, and modded the reedblock too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got a 28mm to play with for now and an exhaust soon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MHR-Rep barrel but that isn't gona be for long, already got the exhaust shape sorted
    standard olive fit
    [​IMG]

stub match
    [​IMG]

but made it even better now
    [​IMG]

still need gear-up and exhaust, so if anyones got something for sale that will MATCH the current specs then lemme no

Cheers to Minor for ALL the info and help

Hmmm ye i got up nice and early and started on my barrel

3ish hours work left me with this
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This gasket shows how wide my cases are so a near enough match already
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh yer bladz got a load done this weekend

finished off the cases and crank is in, you gotta check the vids to show you lot just how to fit bearings and a crank properly

but yer got my waterpump and waterproof all the wiring
    [​IMG]

ye hand finished the cases, nice and sorted
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and now the cranks in and spinning!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

more updates soon, barrel should be finished this week and the engine in the frame along with it all wired and plumbed up

got the end float done, then fitted the stator and flywheel

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and now for the serious wedgage!!! bear in mind this is only temporary, straight inlet will be purchased, just dont have a fucking clue which one yet

[​IMG]

but a 28mm does look pretty damn sweet on a 50 loool bodge but sick!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and with a help from Minor's plastic engineering expertise, we have a flywheel cover!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

god i cant wait for this ped to be on road!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well the engine really is taking shape now, cant do fuckall atm as all im doing is waiting for parts!!!

but should have a few things arriving this week hopefully!

QA throttle
    C20/21
    Manifold
    Gear up

i'm determined to have it running soon!

went down minors work, and spent a while polishing, now terro's polishing can suck my balls! its shiney, it will be touched up ALOT but for first real time polishing it went alright and does proper gleam lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and boom, this engine is gona be sick! lol

[​IMG]

Bought some bits - Yasuni C21, Manifold, Gear up, Gaskets, Plugs, Throttle

yer done quite a few lil things

got alarm sorted for it, made a new airfilter out my old one

still got some fucking about to do, not sure whether my pipe gona fit :confused: lol

but ye its looking quite jokes now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yeeeeeeeeerrrr bruuuv
    almost there, just the lil things to do now. plumb it all up, fit CDI and waterpump and then start it lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

shit filter into nice filter, and made the original thread fit adaptor, fit onto this one

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm a few lil bits done today....
    [​IMG]
    Mudguard fits perfect erm well ish lol

[​IMG]
    And the waterpump fits niiiiicely on it
    [​IMG]

chunky carb!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kill cord/switch fitted and actually works, stooopid stooopid aprilia electronics! lol
    [​IMG]

some panels are on, throttle cable, seat release and petrol tank have all been done
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    fuck having ANY storage space atall lol, malossi filter is not my intention but will do for now (crosser dome airfilter/box will be made ;) )

[​IMG]

the view under the seat is rather nice tho

wheel is oooooooonnn

almost ready to ride, just need panels and few problems sorted out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    bruv, whiole its apart pklease take that HORIBLE inverted right angle out the way of your muix.. that case is screaming for 20 mins of grindy grindy.. will make ALL the diff if done right

3. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

ive marked the area that needs attention...if you dont do anything else
    put a nice radius on that corner ;)

[​IMG]

on both cases of course!!

4. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

oooooooo dont you worry that was taken before another 2 hours of work on them cases

and the horrible curve is on its way out, gona get some fresh stones though before i get carried away.

ive got plenty of time to work on them, gotta wait for my bearings to be delivered :D

thanks for the advice so far!!

5. merklemanmattNRG

merklemanmattNRG New Member

i stole ur back wheel alex hahahahhahaha

6. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    it looks to me like you've ground away the part that keeps the base of the cylinder in the right place. apart from that, not looking too bad.

7. Concept

Concept New Member

Werent you going to get a 125 engine in there?

8. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

got an sr frame in my shed and a 125 mount, gna see what i can do and then if possible stick one in there but its quicker to do my 70 again atm

9. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

Small Update

Bigger update either tonight or over the weekend

10. DK

DK New Member

wheres the rizzla sticker kit from?

11. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

had them made for me

12. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

SMALL UPDATE

13. am4n_am4n

am4n_am4n New Member

nice work there

the only thing i hate about them bikes is where the key goes ...very orquard

also what you going to do about the yellow bit on your seat :wtf:

14. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

going to recover it mate lol

yer it is awkward, i was considering fitting an nrg power dd ignition with the seat popper. but loom and key wise i couldnt be fucked

15. Samuel

Samuel New Member

yeye alex man looking nice cnt wait to see you on the road again, where the picture of the tranny case bit?

16. am4n_am4n

am4n_am4n New Member

why have you got the dvd stuck on you in your workstation lol :wtf:

oh yh what lump is that near your front wheel in pic 1(for sale maybe)

17. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

spare piaggio l/c 50 engine 2006 lol

erm i was lending it to a mate and left it there

18. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

UPDATE ON PAGE 1

19. Concept

Concept New Member

Nice work so far, Im liking the bikebars also, hopefully get the clocks mounted neatly. You going to use a digital speedo also? As the newshape SR clocks dont read past 50/60 odd? Funny on the 125 I've got as the needle just flys right off the clocks, litterally!

20. lol

lol New Member

looking good i am defentley gona have a go at a little bit of porting as every one is have a pop at it