Fuel not getting to spark plug??

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by dan189216, Oct 16, 2017.

1. dan189216

dan189216 Member

Hi,
    I have a piaggio zip 2t ac

Fuel was not coming out of the Line at all, then I sucked on the vacuum Line and fuel came out but it doesn't get to the spark plug because it's always dry, I have a small split in the manifold if that could cause the problem?

Tommorow I'm going to replace the fuel lines, manifold and fuel filter, also does fuel flow through the line with the fuel filter connected or not ??

I am not sure which way around the two vacuum lines are supposed to be placed, wether the one with the filter is on top or botten of the fuel tap ?? Please help, I also got the picture of how the lines are layed out at the moment.

Attached Files:

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Does the carb float bowl get full of fuel?

3. dan189216

dan189216 Member

Yeah when it's in the down position letting no fuel but mine is in the high position which wouldn't let a lot in.

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Down position? High position?
    Explain please?
    Do you have the standard manifold on it, or something else?

5. dan189216

dan189216 Member

Oh sorry i misread your reply, fuel does get into the carb so i suppose it gets full mate and yes standered manifold

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Whichever line you sucked on to make fuel come out of the other line is the vacuum pipe.
    If fuel is coming out the same line as you suck on, then you are either sucking on the fuel line or have a bad fuel tap.
    To test the fuel tap do this:
    Attach each line to either of the pipes on the fuel tap.
    Suck on one of them.
    If fuel comes out of the other line, you have sucked on the vacuum pipe and the other is the fuel line.
    If fuel comes out the same pipe as you are sucking on, you are sucking on the fuel line.
    You'll soon know which one is which.
    DON'T SMOKE!!!!

Re-attach the vacuum hose to the carb and fuel tap, (The one you sucked on, + fuel came out the other one......)
    Dis-connect the fuel line at the carb, leave it attached to the fuel tap.
    Crank the engine over.
    If fuel comes out the line when you crank the bike, then the vacuum is working, and the fuel tap is working.
    This would indicate that you have a float height issue.
    If no fuel comes out the pipe, then you have a vacuum issue at either the manifold or piston or reeds.

7. dan189216

dan189216 Member

ahh its just weird because my ped was ideling on the 21mm about 5 days ago and then i put the 17.5 back on to test something and it fucked up after that really

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

If this is the same 2T zip, it's best to keep all the info on the same thread instead of creating a new one every time.
    It makes it really hard for people to follow what you are doing or trying to do.

If the manifold has a crack in it, then change it, it'll do no good if it's split.
    You might also want to do a compression test, with a proper tester.
    The engine needs upwards of 90psi to start properly, but if you say the plug is staying dry then you have a fuelling issue which needs to be addressed first.

9. dan189216

dan189216 Member

alright cheers