From South Africa

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Riaz Patel, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Riaz Patel

Riaz Patel New Member

Hi my names Riaz and i have a motomia 170 sport which im kinda struggling eith the pipes as to wjich pipes go wher from airbox and carb then into fuel line.

2. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Sometimes hard to judge, with all fairings and stuff still on. Remove all. And it hopefully will be obvious which hose goes where. I guess you mean the hose that activate the vacuum fuel petcock. Cant find no specs on your bike. Size and length shoud be tell tale sign.

3. S2stroke

S2stroke New Member

It's probably a gy6, hard to find out more info since the company was liquidated and only made 1 service manual for each bike, the only manuals I could online find didn't have a proper breakdown either.

On the side of the carb that faces the front of the scooter there should be a fuel line that leads to the vacuum petcock on the bottom of the fuel tank, there should also be a vacuum line from the petcock to the intake manifold.

Edit: I'm assuming that model has the fuel tank under the seat, but if it is under the footwell the fuel pump might be remotely mounted.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  4. Andre Joubert

Andre Joubert New Member

Do you know the capacity of the fuel tank?

Also what the average mileage should be?

5. S2stroke

S2stroke New Member

Can't find any specific info for that model, company no longer exists and only offered 1 manual per bike.

The motomia grappa 150 has a 6l tank, no info available for the Java 170.

Users report 25km/l for the 170.

Ps. I was going to post this on the other thread, You're asking for info on an obscure bike from a small group of enthusiasts, calm down.

scubabiker likes this.
  6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I've noticed manufacturers tend to use 1 tank on several models.
    Fuel usage is a "how long is a piece of string" question. Depends on your riding, tyre type, engine condition, elevation and much more.
    Scooters are normally crazy fuel efficient.
    Fitting a screen helps fuel economy too