forum topic searches...specific people

Discussion in 'Comments / Feedback / Suggestions' started by Jamie, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    Right just a random idea.. but for example i was looking through the projects page for a certain project...but had trouble finding the one i wanted by that person....mabye there could be a link in that topic by the persons name.. like "view other topics by this person in this section" would probabally help people find what they need abit quicker....?

just an idea :D

2. dylanbws100

dylanbws100 New Member

And a good one at that ;)
    Anything to make the forum run smoother......Like on some other forums, they make you specify what is in the thread.....
    Like ELE is anything electrical related....TRANS....is transmittion....you get what I mean....

So if a guy stuffs up his vario and all the rollers got stuck in the clutch bell (it's an example ok!) and he doesn't know what to do....he'll post

NOW WHAT?????? :wtf:
    instead of...
    TRANS....now what?????? :wtf:

3. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

You can sort of do it currently. Search by author and in only the section you want then sort them by author.

I'll install a mod to let you search properly tomorrow. ;)

4. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

what bout individual topic searches??
    quite a few other forums use them, like puregrime

you can could go into projects then type in runner and it'll list all threads with runner in the name

quite handy sometimes

5. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

By author is done. For some strange reason though it's not done via the seach it's done by clicking "topics user has started" in their profile. Seems to work though.

6. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    Fucking genius...already found about 6 million topics i coudnt find before... :D

7. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    j are you looking for your little 'fuck this forum' bitch fit LOOL