Fitting electric water pump *RUNNER*

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Daniel1991, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Daniel1991

Daniel1991 New Member

Rides:
    Gilera runner 172
    Hi guys and girls , after removing my oil pump im not going to be removing my water pump , and obviously going to need to fit an electric water pump , just one question i know its probley a straight forward job but were do i wire it to ? cheers guys any RIGHT answers would be much appreciated

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    the ignition live maybe? if you cant work out what the ignition live is then you shouldent be messing with hard wired pumps.. its REAL easy to set fire to a loom fitting bad wiring.

wire the negative of the pump to an earth point (ALLWAYS) never run it to another earth as you will be putting load across load limited wiring (this is what causes heat/fires) the frame is the main earth and is earthed to the rectifier (this trakes any extra voltage in ether ac or dc and turns it back into a nice stready safe supply to be used by anciliry's and charging the batt) the red wire (positive) on the pump is wired so it comes on with the ignition switch (white wire) strip the wire back but DO NOT CUT IT. SOLDER the wire in place then tape over securely to stop it earthing and again, causing a fire...

it may sound impossible, you may say "my m8's have allways wired lightsa/other shit in with saticky tape and speaker wire" not botherd...seen a few peds catch fire... the pumps gonna be next to the fuel tank so make sure its all done right, if you cant do it right or wont pay for the correct things to fit it then its your own fault if the thing catches fire while your on a 6 mile ride.... trust me tho, you wont know about a wiring fire when riding untill its seriously got hold of the entire loom, started to melt through the fuel tank and it go';s bang under your ass

wiring is NOT for amatures