Fitted 'Racing Reed Valves' - Loss Of Performance!

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Snek, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Snek

Snek New Member

Hi. I'm new to this forum, and I was hoping that someone out there could help me with a problem I am having. I fitted some 'Racing Reed Valves' to my Benelli K2 100cc 2T. It has a Minarelli engine (Stock), the same one that's used in the Yamaha Aerox 100cc I believe. Anyway, I fitted these for the first time ever, and it has actuly decreased my performance. I've lost a little acceleration, and lost 10mph on top end. I fitted them exactly as the stock ones came out. The only thing I did not do is fit a new gasket, as the stock one looked fine. The reeds I installed where 6 valve ones, while the stock where 4 valve ones. The power-band or power-range isn't as harsh anymore, it seems to be holding back. I even tried lighter rollers and a spare new-ish belt that I had lying around, no improvements. Any ideas people? :(

So far my mods are;
    Exhaust System
    Open Air Filter
    Re-Jetted
    Racing Variator
    Lighter Rollers
    2000 RPM Clutch Springs

2. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

They are maybe too stiff for a standardish bike and arent opening as far. I know switching to thicker reeds on mine cost me a little bottom end but gave gains on the top end. However that one was quite modified