First service on Sunday Fiddle iii

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Kriskeogh, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

Hi folks

Just got myself one of these and I'm new to scooter riding

When do you think is a good time for its first service and what do they do when you take a scooter in

Will they do jobs like oil changes or is that down to me

Sorry for obvious questions but this is all new to me

Cheers
    Kris

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    usually the bike shop will have a list of what they check. things like valves - oil - tyres and pressure , it can differ between shops but its like a pre mot check.

3. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Things bed in after a few hundred miles so it needs checking and adjusting. If you have an owners manual it will tell you at what mileage the first service is due. It may also list the items that are checked on each service interval.
    The first service is important as the engine oil/filter will need changing as any particles that may be there during manufacture will need flushing out and valves etc will need checking/adjusting and a general check in case anything has come loose. If you find anything wrong or needs attention mention it when you book it in.
    It's also important from the warranty point of view.
    Just ring your dealer near the time it is due and book it in.
    For example if it's due at 600 miles and you do a 20 mile commute then just over 500 miles would be the time to ring which allows 5 days for the dealer to get it in. If you do less miles adjust the booking time to suit.
    The mileage isn't that critical as long as you book it in shortly before it's due and the dealer is aware.
    The first service is due at 300 kms(app 200 mls) according to this which isn't much but check with your dealer or owners manual. Your odometer will probably be in kms.
    http://www.fuelarc.com/images/model...ser_manual/sym-fiddle-iii-125-user-manual.pdf

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  4. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

Thank you for your help

I'm sure they said it was 300km to bring it back in

5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    300km service

they will redo the oil due to break in period ( engine oil change ) , then they will go over and check the usual nuts bolts and working parts just to make sure everything all fit for purpose and is not a danger for you, the first service is always free so you should not be charged for this .

then they will stamp your service book and away you go until the next service ( the next one could be a charged service so ask before you leave so you know before hand ;) )

6. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

Thanks

Been taking it out for practice rides and to wear in the engine

Finding I'm getting a slight burning aroma after using the bike for an hour

7. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

It's booked in for 4th April which works ok for my holidays