Fastest factory scooters

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Ryan1428, May 3, 2020.

1. Ryan1428

Ryan1428 Member

What are some of the fastest, factory, 50cc, derestricted, scooters?

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

The minerelli motor is damn fast, as is the Honda one they use in the SFX etc. The Honda makes 5hp stock with the restrictions.

Ryan1428 likes this.
  3. Ryan1428

Ryan1428 Member

Dang. None of those in our area.

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Minerelli is what Yamaha use. In the aerox/jog/neos. The Honda one is in a heap of Honda bikes, SFX, x8r, sgx, sky and more....
    Piaggio scooters are fast too. I put them on par with the minerelli motor in terms of speed on standard cylinder.

Ryan1428 likes this.
  5. Ryan1428

Ryan1428 Member

We have the Neos4. Pretty good price. Cheaper than the NTG50 and Speedfight4. Found a used one for a good price and nice accessories. But it's in another city. Cant travel to other cities now. I'm torn. Yamaha is a name I recognize and trust. Great price.... but ugly as hell.

6. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

I prefer the older neos in looks. Boring on pictures. But some nice details. Like the rear part with the rear light and inicators. But i think fastest stock bike. Doesnt matter so much. For example the neos feels like riding a shopping cart, kind of unstable. And so does many scooters. If you compare to many scooters that has a big brother if the same scoot is made as 125 and upwards. Usually the chassies overall feels more stable. For example my derbi gp1 is on if the nicest ride, it alnost feels like a small motorcycle in how it feels to ride. Ive ridden piaggio habana that also had this really comfortable ride. I think piaggio runner is nice. But it doesnt matter for all people and probabaly not if you gonne stunt etc. And dont forget to consider the cockpit. Many scooters are really cramped to sit in. Espaclially if you are a tall guy. For example the aerox. That for its age is a really good looking scooter

Ryan1428 likes this.
  7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Neos4 is slow... Efi so it's expensive to tune.
    Super reliable though....

Ryan1428 likes this.