Exhaust + Barrel Matching Guide

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Sw1fT, Sep 1, 2007.

1. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    hi, wat exhaust would be best for a single ring hebo 70 kit?

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    probably a yasuni c16 or the hebo performer.. local lad are wee? (only in mitcham ;) )

3. S-c-o-t-t-y

S-c-o-t-t-y New Member

well dave the stage6 chrome pipes theres a selection f about 6 pipes in all (
    stage6 pro replica's are sports/low end mid-race
    stage6 pro replica chrome
    stage6 pro replica chrome with carbon can
    stage6 pro exhaust is a mid-race exhaust
    stage6 R1200 is a mid-race
    stage6 r1400 is high-end

single ring hebo? so it the hebo alu ? probz work best with either the c16 or a stage6 pro

carb sizes prefferably bigger then 19 for a hgih end kit ( but mallosi do a special carb 19mm mhr team 2 carb , for fuel efficency on the tracks

cheers

4. Warnsey

Warnsey Member

what exhaust for a airsal 70 kit on a aerox?

cheers

5. L_Bo

L_Bo New Member

Rides:
    Kymco Super 9
    Alright, I am officially jealous of you guys who have ACCESS to different pipes to choose from.

I live in the US and have a Kymco Super 9. My exhaust options are limited to Technigas, Technigas, and Technigas. I currently have a technigas next r on my stock 50 barrel and it gave me plenty of gains (10MPH over restrictive stock exhaust). I plan to get an Airsal 73cc, bigger carb and pipe real soon. My only choice is the new Technigas RS II.......... suppossedly this is a big improvement over the older RS but don't know why. Anyone familiar with this new RS II pipe?

Also, what pipes listed in the OP match up with a Kymco? None that I can find. If there is an overseas or European supplier with a better performance pipe then the Technigas for a Kymco I will buy, shipping times are of no concern..... availability is.

Concerning the clutch, I put the nut in a vise, turn the pully with a strap wrench to loosen. Then get a buddy to help hold it together while I take the nut off. Do the reverse to put it back together, works well.

6. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    unfortunately not many manufacturers are catering from kymco yet, the only real options are the tecnigas range, which to be frank, are shit. or you can get the leo vince tt exhaust which will be nice for an iron setup but i believe the airsal kit is single ring which would demand a slightly revvier pipe then the tt. the tt is available from scooter-attack.com if you wanted to go take a peak

7. L_Bo

L_Bo New Member

Rides:
    Kymco Super 9
    Thanks, yeah I checked out the leo vince zx and others with other S9 owners, said it ran like crap and that the technigas is a better pipe. This new RS II from technigas is supposed to handle higher RPM's but still not sold on it. I think the minerelli pipes would fit with some bending/flange welding... a PITA but maybe worth it.

8. frainey

frainey New Member

Alright your going to laugh but....
    my speedfight is quicker than my old aerox :wtf:

Speedfight with stage6 pipe
    Aerox with giannelli pipe

And thats without getting the rollers and jet to match yet. - will be doing that this week so it doesnt have a flat spot.

Got my polini 6.9 g rollers ordered the wrong jet though so if anyone needs a #76 dellorto main jet free hit me a pm ;)

9. Callum03

Callum03 Member

Hi,
    understandly these questions probably get annoying, but would the MetraKit handmade 70 work alright with the Leo Vince ZX or is it a bore to avoid altogether?

Other parts included will be:

21mm Carb, Polini Torque Drive, race Variator and Kevlar belt, then in a month or so I would probably add: a Polini 2 shoe clutch, gearing etc

Thanks

10. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    you running standard crank? get yourself a nice polini sport if so

11. Vesta

Vesta New Member

My laser x pro is poor o_O

12. Callum03

Callum03 Member

Yep standard crank. Polini sport is what i'm thinking, just wondering if I could run the MK handmade 70 with the zx. Roughly how fast do you think ill be going with the parts listed + Polini Sport?

Thanks

13. one7twoboi

one7twoboi New Member

How long is a piece of string?
    All depends on your set up, and how its set up
    Its not a case of thinking oh i´ll buy these bits an it´ll make me ped goe wel fazt blud.
    It takes time and its just a case of trial and error.

14. Callum03

Callum03 Member

Ok ease up, if you don't have anything constructive to say I'd appreciate it if you could do one

15. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

most of what he said was construvtive lol

16. one7twoboi

one7twoboi New Member

beg ya pardon moosh? :msn1:
    I wasn´t bein in the slightest bit rude.
    But in all honesty thats the reality of it. Not a barry bolt on jobbie

17. one7twoboi

one7twoboi New Member

Thankyou :p

18. Jake

Jake New Member

Rides:
    Aerox 70cc
    Cheers for the guide :mrgreen:

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    Re:

with that bearly pubescent virgin like wobbely id appreciate it if YOU did one TBH. it was a completly logical reply... the metrakit handmade what? pipe? with a leo zx? no you cant as its 2 exhausts (your wording) with a polini iron kit? (makes more sence) then go for ANYTHING but the fuckin zx... zx's are SO past shit its untrue. rather a technigas

20. nKd.rOb

nKd.rOb New Member

Rides:
    gilera stalker nkd
    cheers 4 the guide :)

cud any1 tell me which barrel (low mid or high) will best suit the babypm59

cheers :good: