Exhaust + Barrel Matching Guide

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Sw1fT, Sep 1, 2007.

1. fat-joe-sf2

fat-joe-sf2 New Member

trans

ye m8 i got the eco kit so the vari the belt 2 sets of rollers and 2 contra springs wich i havnt fitted cos accrdin to hursty itll take my head off if i undo but i think it might work but aint to kean on tryin it and ive got clutch springs wot came with my tt aswell

cheers

2. Hursty

Hursty New Member

Re: trans

woah woah.. lmao hang on.. u said u didnt wanna fit them cause they wear ure belt faster :wtf: .. all i said was clamp the clutch down sumhow then undo the nut!

if u wanna try standin on the clutch unit and undoin the nut.. then fine.. go for it :bird:

ben.

3. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

I've stood on lots of clutches to undo them. It's the best way imo.

I clamped one down once and i will never again. Having to undo a clamp is harder than just running away.

4. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

dont stick it in a vice either :( bends the pulleys

5. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

Thats how i take clutches off!!!!

its quite safe if your sensible....works everytime for me!!

And you just slowly ease your feet off...no need to runaway ;)

6. Hursty

Hursty New Member

well how do u get the big nut off ?

ben.

7. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

with a 38mm socket and an impact gun!!

if its a piaggio/peugeot clutch...other makes may be a different size so check before purchasing a socket ;)

8. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Well yeah but incase someone didn't want to do it the right way they could always just leg it. :rofl:

9. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

^^^^yep if you must leg it then feel free :D

Ive got a technique where i ease my feet off and hold the assembly down with the socket....then slowly release until the spring is at full length ;)

10. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

or if you dont want to spend money, a flathead screwdriver and hammer done it for me.

11. fat-joe-sf2

fat-joe-sf2 New Member

clutch assembaly

how powerfull is the spring could i just hold it with my hands and let someone else undo it u say u can stand on it and do it if i stood on it id brake it im not exactly small

12. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

Yes they are pretty easy to compress by hand....you just need to be careful
    thats all ;)

I compress the contra spring by hand and use my feet to keep it all compressed into place leaving my hands free to fit and tighten the nut ;)

13. The General

The General Member

this might sound like a dumb q. but does the malossi sport kit come with some malossi decals? need to cover up some scratches

14. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    lol yeh it does :p

15. eddiesmith

eddiesmith Member

reverse or s3r?

can anyone tell what is better out of the giannelli reverse and doppler s3r? I can't decide between the 2, and you lot sound like you kno more than me!
    thanks

16. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

Re: reverse or s3r?

performance wise both are good pipes....

but the thing that shades it for me is the Doppler is chrome for about the same money...which means it will still look good after the giannelli has rusted ;)

17. eddiesmith

eddiesmith Member

S3R

where can i get a chrome doppler s3R and what is the difference between the ones with red and blue logo and just the plain black doppler writing?

18. Aerox

Aerox New Member

Re: S3R

I have £700 to spend on my aerox what shud i get i am looking at malossi mhr team2 70cc, malossi mhr team2 exhaust, malossi racing crankshaft, and malossi 19mm carb. tell me if this is good or what else would be better and if i need something else with this set up thanks.

19. StEvO

StEvO Active Member

u wana run that set up and a 19mm carb? llllllllllooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllll

20. Aerox

Aerox New Member

Well 21mm then i told you i no nothin bout bikes just have alot of money to spend if your guna say loooolll!! then tell me what you think!!