Estilete help

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by kenneth77, May 22, 2021.

1. kenneth77

kenneth77 New Member

Hello. Im getting nuts over this scooter, so if anybody can help would save my days. Its a 2001 Suzuki estilete 50cc scooter with only 3000 km . Got it for free, and worked normal for 2 weeks.

One day it became very slow, like no power. Extreme slow take off, and its easy to hold it back with feet on the ground. Have changed to a new carb, but no difference,and done other normal engine work like clean air filter, and new plug, nothing helped. scooter is idling normal, but if i rev it up, you can clearly hear it struggles.

Took of the cvt side cover. When I remove the drive belt, and rev it up, it sounds like a normal 2 stroke . So engine is operating normal with the belt removed. . If i mount the belt again, it dont rev normal. Changed the weights in the variator, did not help. Have reved it with side cover off, and both the variator/pulleys seems to operate normal . If I manual engage the clutch/ lock clutch hub to pulley, the rear wheel is very hard to turn around by hand, just like driving with brakes on. If I remove the belt, and manual engage the clutch, its very easy to turn the rear wheel. . Wheel turns easy without clutch engaged. The belt looks normal, but have not measured anything. The belt is stock and is 20 years old.

Anyone have any tips?