Elyseo 100 engine upgrade

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Melling, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Melling

Melling The flying flea

Rides:
    Mopeds
    Hello all I’ve recently purchased a Peugeot elyseo 100 2000 model and I’m doing a engine rebuild looking to beef the power up what suggestions ie cylinder kit, exhaust system, air filter etc... I’m thinking malossi but open to suggestions.

2. markymark2

markymark2 Member

if that model is fitted with the vertical 2 stroke Honda designed engine I would not bother , I tried this on a 100 speedfight , mallossi 120 kit , Doppler pipe , polini inlet/reed block , 21 mm tnt carb, malossi variator , clutch ,contra spring , hebo air filter and ended up with another 5mph and very slightly better acceleration £600 + having been spent . They are a crap engine to tune as I was told by many people after I tried it. If you must do something get rid of the pathetic single sided reed and awful inlet manifold. I have tuned many of the 2 stroke scooter engines and the vertical AC unit in the Peugeot scoots is a DOG , ok if left alone and accepted for what it is , but not a worthy tuning engine , a deresticted properly (= exhaust port ground out+ all other normal mods) minarelli horizontal 50 is as quick as a Peugeot elyseo/speedfight 100cc 2t. IMHO don`t bother. if you want a big valve manifold inc v reed block I have a new unused one as for sale on pm tuning for 43 quid + post you can have for 25 inc post. pm me.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    Melling likes this.
  3. Melling

Melling The flying flea

Rides:
    Mopeds
    Thanks for that info what’s the speed fight 3 2 stroke like for tuning abilities mon

4. markymark2

markymark2 Member

is it AC or LC , if it`s an air cooled vertical then not a good engine to tune the lc horizontal engines are best for tuning especially piaggio/minarelli , moto morini are good engines but very limited tuning parts available , TBH in my experience the minarelli/piaggio horizontal liquid cooled motors are the best , tons of tuning parts available and easy to work on with loads of video tutorials online. Liquid cooled motors lend themselves to tuning better due to their better cooling characteristics and not being restricted by the air cooled engine shroud , plus LC engines often have a take off on cylinder head for the coolant fluid to heat the carb avoiding carb icing in winter.

5. Melling

Melling The flying flea

Rides:
    Mopeds
    I’ve got a ludix snake 50 snake with a mid race airsal kit in it racing air box and q tre sports exhaust nout special but runs like a dream over 100 mile a week for last 12 month there both air cooled I’m thinking finish paint job on the elyseo 100 and sell them both get a 125 liquid cooled like you said more reliability better all round nice one