Electric problem

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by autumn1333, Dec 3, 2019.

1. autumn1333

autumn1333 New Member

My scooter is not working properly. It has been tampered with. My headlights only work when breaks are used or the blinker is on. My fuse box is now located on front of moped, it has been moved from the battery area. And someone has stolen all of the gas froM it, how do they do that when gas area is locked? Any help is appreciated and I can send photos. Thank you

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Some pics would be helpful. Could shed some light on the matter!

autumn1333 likes this.
  3. autumn1333

autumn1333 New Member

Not sure what photos to take, everything looks normal...I’m guessing something has been routed wrong....but what could make my head light only work when blinkers are turned on? It also blinks like a blinker?

I am still wondering about the fuse box moved to under front panel of bike and not located by the battery ...?

4. autumn1333

autumn1333 New Member

This is the back of the bike

Attached Files:

5. autumn1333

autumn1333 New Member

Again back of bike

Attached Files:

6. autumn1333

autumn1333 New Member

Front of bike

Attached Files:

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

An even better help would be the year, make and model of the bike........

8. autumn1333

autumn1333 New Member

Kaitong 2016

9. milo2025

The locked areas aren't very secure on scooters - flimsy bits of plastic. When I had a speedfight I could get my hand under seat even when it was locked. First thing to do is move the fuse box back to the battery area. It baffles me why they relocated it to the front. Stealing the fuel is mean - scooters only have small tanks. Did the headlights work ok before it was tampered with?

10. autumn1333

autumn1333 New Member

Yes headlights worked perfectly okay but I’m not sure when it was done as I don’t drive at night. I took off the fuse box and doesn’t seem to make a difference. If I relocate it to my battery not sure what that will do....do I need a fuse box?

11. milo2025

It depends. Some scooters only have one fuse. Not familiar with the Kaitong. Is it EFI?

12. autumn1333

autumn1333 New Member

It’s a 4 stroke

13. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Typical chinese GY6
    Get yourself down to halfords and grab the manual for the chinese scooters, it'll have the wiring diagrams in there and tell you where the parts are supposed to be located on the bike.

14. autumn1333

autumn1333 New Member

I’m in Hawaii, no halfords here....anything I’ve googled on Chinese mopeds the fuse is by the battery and it was originals by the battery when I first bought it. I put it back by the battery, however still have the same issue

15. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Little problem that then:rolleyes:
    I have a service manual for the GY6 50cc scooters, it may be of help to you. It does contain wiring diagrams and component locations.
    Trouble is it's in .pdf format so I can't upload it on here.
    PM me your email address and I#ll send it across for you.

16. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    Sounds like it might be an earth problem. Clean all the conectors. You could also take a wire from the earth on the battery and check out all the earth conections. As to the fuel problem have you checked for leaks.

17. autumn1333

autumn1333 New Member

I’ll do my best to check all connections but I’m no mechanic and I can’t understand how a headlight can act as a blinker.., it works when the blinkers are on and blinks with them, it also works when brake is applied, confusing

18. Nubsey

Nubsey Member

Rides:
    Honda sky 50.
    I had a car once that every time you braked, the headlights came on. That turned out to be a doggy bulb. If your earth is not upto scratch, the electicity will try to find another path. Remember the path of least resistance. If that goes through your blinkers/headlights then so be it. As I said attach a wire to your battery earth, and go round your headlight/blinker earths and touch the battery wire to their earths and see what happens. A very quick way to test them.