Drivebelt help please!50 cc Longjia

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Annie, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Annie

Annie New Member

Hi,

I need a new drivebelt for my Longjia Ljqt50-3m but the broken drivebelt was in a million pieces so could not be measured..
    I managed to collect enough pieces to make out "Bando 23100-keb7-9000, could not find the exact match so I ordered Dayco 18x743 which stated it fits chinese 50cc, 139qmb engine which is what I have.

Now, I know nothing about engines or even simple mechanics so a friend was going to help fit the new drive belt, he came today but said it was too short and he suggested a length of around 843 or so.
    I thought this a bit weird since the one I ordered said if was for 50cc and the longer ones seem to be for a higher cc scooter. I am now very confused and
    I also wonder how much is it normal that you have to stretch/pull the drivebelt when you fit it, should it be fairly loose and easy to get on or is it normal to fight a little with it?

Thanks for any help and advice:)

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    You don't stretch and pull it, you remove the front variator, rear clutch to clean out all the old bits of belt. Refit and torque the said parts back on, you might need a 669 size belt .

Annie likes this.