doppler s7r on my aprillia sr50 new shape

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by gregzzz, Nov 9, 2010.

1. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    right fittted the doppler on my ped, sweet :grin: fast enough of the line ect but its nothing special, got 17.5 std carb standard crank and a tt pipe.

ive got a stage6 pro exhaust lying around and also a 16/37 gear up

so im gna stick exhaust gear up and a 21mm delorto carb on ran with std airbox, will it pull gear up and be faster?

not really into the whole varaitor cant see it making much difference.

im running a 65 main jet and 4 g rollers.

2. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    It might pull the gear-up, but it'll have extremely slow acceleration.

Stop wasting money on little bits that barely make a difference, get yourself a sport 70cc kit!! :thumbsup:

3. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

oh my days mr gregory, did you not listen to anything i taught you :glare:

The Doppler s7r is very similar to the stage 6 racing, looks similar, has a bridged exhaust port and is rated up to 15 bhp, so yes a TT will be shite on it, a pro exhaust will even be holding it back a bit too...

for a carb get a 21mm on there, atleast....and yes youll need a gear up :good:

4. BossMan172

BossMan172 Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr 172
    and a variator will make a nice difference compared to the standard as they tend to be lighter (quicker accel.) and have bigger pulley faces meaning the belt rides higher meaning higher top speed

5. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    Thanks guys oh and Dave i must have listened somewhere down the line as i fixed my sr by myself when you went into hibernation :good:

pro's going on, 21mm delly or 24oko keeping stock airbox and gearups going on.

lmfao bertie why would i buy a 9bhp sport kit when i have a 12-15bhp mid race 70cc kit and a bike thats done 3 thosand miles?!?!?!

oh and Dave, koneelys rox got stolen after he purchased a r1200. it was nippy with the sport pro.

6. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

shit...sorry to hear about that :glare: was a pretty nippy rox...

R1200 is a revvy pipe, about the same power as a C21 :grin: