Do i need to "run in" a 70cc bore kit on my speedfight?

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by brand401, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brand401

brand401 New Member

Rides:
    peugeot speedfight
    Hey,
    was loking through other posts and it seems that everyone is un decided on whether you do or dont need to run a bore kit in. Could someone please give me some advice on whether i do or dont have to do this, would be much appreciated
    cheers :)

sorry i was thinking of getting a Stage6 70cc *Sport PRO* L/C
    or Malossi 70cc scooter big bore....

2. Gamble

Gamble Member

All the kits need some sort of running in, with out knowing what kit it is you're talking about then there's nothing to really advise on.

Speedfight-George likes this.
  3. brand401

brand401 New Member

Rides:
    peugeot speedfight
    sorry i was thinking of getting a Stage6 70cc *Sport PRO* L/C
    or Malossi 70cc scooter big bore.... cheers for your info mate, much appreciated

4. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    As the stage 6 racing is aluminium you only need to ride around at 1/4 throttle for about 45 minutes. But you really need your cases flowed for this kit, as it's midrace. When you say Malossi big bore 70cc do you mean mhr rep or malossi sport ? The sport is a iron kit so will require running in for 300 miles at 1/4 throttle between 30-40mph. I'd recomend you running premix on both kits as speedfight pumps are shit (From personal exsperiance) and running a good oil. Hope this helps. In all honesty though speedfight engines are rubbish had nothing but trouble with mine.

5. brand401

brand401 New Member

Rides:
    peugeot speedfight
    cheers mate, and ahh really... well my speedfight hasn't had a thing wrong with it yet! touch wood.

thanks for the advice

6. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Anytime. They're just shit to tune lol. Good luck with it.

7. Diesel

Diesel Member

aluminium kits can virtually be run out of the box, they are machined to finer tolerances than they used to be, you will get a much longer life out of a cylinder that has been run in though

8. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    You're ment to let the rings bed in for a hour ish.

9. OZZ

OZZ Member

Rides:
    H 100 HONDA
    I would recommend putting some 2 stroke oil in with your fuel to richen up the mixture slightly while running in .You dont need much do it with a full tank this will be kinder to your engine while running in .Also I would not bother staying on quarter throttle just dont pin it open for 10mins at a time.

10. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Why you replying to a 6month old thread?

11. OZZ

OZZ Member

Rides:
    H 100 HONDA
    No point leaving them up if you cant read them and reply maybe somone else needs advice on same issue .
    Happy 2013!:rolleyes:

Joe.write and TalkToShank like this.
  12. callum/ZIP70'S

callum/ZIP70'S New Member

Never get stage 6 bore kits, i had one on another moped, it blew up. it dont matter if you port it or whatever. ALWAYS get malossi bore kits or if you cant afford it or want good acceleration get the pm tuning but malossi all the way, and also upjet 25%, and run in with slow acceleration for 200miles at 30mph! no more! be sure to upjet or it wont perform and be running to dry

13. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    And again. Why are you replying to a old thread ? Nothing wrong at all with stage 6 kits.

14. Speedfight-George

Speedfight-George Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Speedfight 2
    You will need to run it in but not for too long, just do about 30-35mph with no hard throttle for about 150 miles and it will be sweet :)

Visual spark likes this.
  15. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Stop replying to old threads! Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.