DNA GTS 300 ie Super Sport project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Bushtucker, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

2. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

Bike goes and sounds great mate you've done a good job there.. I noticed you've fitted a sports air filter on it? How did you go about that? As iv been told sports filters are no good for 4t? Would you recommend fitting one I have a Vespa gts 125 in a Gilera runner frame and my standard air box doesn't fit properly as the rear shock sit at an angle, iv fitted a sports filter and it ran like crap..

3. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

Hi
    There shouId be no probIem but I run a upgraded carb so maybe Iook into that option as weII but the thing with upgrading 4 stroke scooters you reaIIy have to do everything to gain reaI increases as I did the same with my oId dna engine and after 1600 quid i had a scooter that did 90mph+ but went Iike shit off a shoveI. I stiII have the tuned engine everything but the maIossi cdi and 34 mm carb which stiII on my dna. if you or any one is intrested in a buiIt engine just to fit straight in with a few bits Ieft to compIete carb and cdi just ask for a price

4. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

ok guys here is the 1 st road test if you enjoy my vlog channel plz sub and like,comment on vids thanks guys

5. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

here it is getting a rolling road test

6. Tristram

Tristram New Member

Hello mate I’m trying to put a 300 gts engine in my 125 Vx gilera can I use my 125 carbs if I change the jets and what did you do with the fuel system did you you tha stranded gilera fuel pump . Is there any one else who has done this conversion

7. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

hiya pal.. nope to 125 carb you need the £400 malossi 34mm carb, standard fuel system also you need to change stator and rotor so it works on carb not injection

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I guess you could save some cash by getting a different carb.
    But as above, you will still need to tell the ECU that its no longer running EFI.
    Otherwise you will just get a load of codes and probably no spark...

Bushtucker likes this.
  9. Tristram

Tristram New Member

Ok thanks for your help

10. Tristram

Tristram New Member

Ok thanks for your help