DNA GTS 300 ie Super Sport project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Bushtucker, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

ok updates so far.
    PM tuning will not sell me a re-enforced engine mount as they say it can not be done what i am doing and they want no part in it (hahaha whimps) I will have the last laugh by taking it them for there rolling road . so we are using a standard DNA mount with the rubber mounts. I will also use some beefier rear shockers to firm up the back end. to be fair though the standard mount has done years in my tuned 210 cc and i have jumped it over bridges etc and all is good.
    i also need to make a spacer for the malossi 34mm carb just to lift it a little as it is on the bottom of carb touches the engine. The rear wheel is still standard 12" until i source a 13" one. I was going to get the correct PM torquecurl downpipe for my bike but since there attitude about the mount i am going to modify the dna one to the max and have a crazy sticky out angle exhaust.. I am on the last bit of carbon effect material which is a fabric and sprayed glued on (could of been better in place)lol but new plastics will be on way for a paintjob from airbrushart by cain.

scubabiker likes this.
  2. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    PM still suck balls then ? some things will never change .

3. rossm

rossm Member

Just a thought or two which may or may not help.

The first of the QUASAR engines (250cc) where carb fed and have different part numbers from the 300 stators plus they ran the same ignition timing as the DNA180, so would more than likely not fry the electrics if you where to get your hands on one to swap them round.

As for the gearing, the X9 250 EVO and Nexus 250/300 have 14 inch rear wheels so the final drive gearing from them would more than likely work with your DNA rear wheel

4. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

New update
    ITS ALIVE and running whoop .
    the difference in stator plates is no problem as the dif is for the injection sensor so its blanked off now.
    slight mod on thermostat housing pipe to fit . standard dna manifold fit with carb spacer so all is good.
    I have also just picked up a complete 04 dna in mint condition other than the 50 cc lump blown ... lol going to drop 210 into it and maybe sell it to a gam teenager lol
    I will get some video of it running once I have tidied up the loom and make a exhaust mount as my pm exhaust does fit but need a bracket .

scubabiker and rossm like this.
  5. rossm

rossm Member

Excellent stuff, I wanna a go now:p

6. rossm

rossm Member

Any more news?

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah we want pics

8. Leeder

Leeder Member

Updates??

9. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

Ok guys here is what's going down atm. I have not had the time to get back on this project due to very busy work and family life. Here is where I am up to . in the process in making my own stator and pick ups easy enough to do with the help of the custom bike shop its at. Still saving up for the 13" rear wheel conversion. I also acquired another DNA but a 50cc for my son to ride for a year so this has taken my time and money, but its a investment as I am also saving up for the polini 90cc kit and long stroke crank. this is so i can go to the drag strip with it for lolz. so been busy working to save up but little time to get on it. not been on any of bikes this year (gutted) but winter here soon and my garden biz slows down and gives me some spare time also my pals garage slows down.

Looking at starting another project off with my old 210 leader engine as well . making a rad stretch softail chopper with it with leaf spring front end and 21" wheel with a polished custom built alloy frame. drawings done but going to make plywood version before i get lazer cut alloy.

so lots on lots of ideas but little time. cheers for you keen interests in what is going on with me and my bikes.

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

leaf spring front end? whats that look like?

11. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

cool! like a girder sort of, never seen that before, what bikes where they fitted to? im guessing very early indians and harleys?

13. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

OK update. Alot of stuff went down last year but all is sorted and back on the project. The dna stator plate will not do but I may still be able to use the pick up from it. I have looked in the gts stator and rotor and as it was injection the rotor is multi pick up rather than the longer one pick up for carburetors. So upon more digging I noticed the USA bv250 was a quasar 250 carb version. So looking on as many microfiche as possible it has the correct rotor that I require so I found one in Italy on eBay.so its ordered and on the way and should be with me next week . bargain as well as it comes with stator plate too so I will pop both in just hoping the woodruff key is in the same location on the 250 as the 300 but I would presume that both the 250 and 300 quasar engine would use same crank. I will get some pics when I can and also keep you guys up to date as I go.

14. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

Quick update! Here are some pics of the current gts rotor and stator. As you can see from the pics on the gts there is multiple pick ups for the injector system,fuel pumpand exhaust sensor valve. The weird thing is it did run smooth once for a brief time on this set up then went to pot on 2nd try. So the other pics are of a new stator and rotor to put on. When compared to the set up on my dna the rotor is the same with the one long pick up. But the stator and rotor was the other way around and this stopped me from using them. I
    I have now finished with help of my best mate finishing off my sons dna gp50. The water pump had failed but was left to rot by last owner. After a quick check and none of the bore. Top end rebuilt and we went about fitting the new water pump. Well after bashing the seized thing out and rebuilding new one the nut off the back off the other side of the prop that was fiddley to get back on and inline while trying to catch the thread. At the last moment before resulting to ful strip it caught. Quick put back together and it started but wouldn't rev out the died all together but was holding water so 1 job done. So after changing plug and checking sparkplug and coil all was good. So thoughts went back to maybe crank seals blah blah.... So we checked the reed valves and hey presto word reeds so we made new ones fitted and it lived . so its had new race pipe DE restricted, carb DE restricted and jet drilled out to a 75 and new malossi belt which is now cleaning up the variator and clutch. So my lad will be happy as his CBT is this Saturday.

I will keep you up to date as I make progress but we are getting closer and I now have more spare time to continue. IMG_20160127_200751.jpg IMG_20160127_200808.jpg IMG_20160127_200826.jpg IMG_20160127_200921.jpg IMG_20160127_200908.jpg

15. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

ok it live and is ready for road test just needed to lap on the new rotor and all was great. exhaust bracket is made and ready for mot bwahahaha it seems so long ago i started this but like i have said previously working 7 days a week doesnt leave much spare time . I hope this link works if not i will try and get a video off my phone

Merlin likes this.
  16. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

ok video no good off my phone i will go wed night and video off my pad then i can upload it and share...custom exhaust bracket made now just need a good road test after mot to make sure i have the right jet in it ... i have to go in there anyway .... also got the 13" wheel conversion in the rear as well so that should help gear it up...

17. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    Just been over to facebook to have a watch, Sounds pretty nice :cool:

18. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

bit of a test run with DNA ... WOW what a beast it wheelies and also spins the back wheel lol... Now just need to do a good run on it and give it a stress test in the frame and see how it handles... initial review is my primary jet is too big and needs a smaller one as it is rich ... but it pulls like a train and with the 13" wheel thats is going to alter top speed ....
    https://www.facebook.com/Motolab-Motorcycle-MOT-Centre-276516222399840/videos?ref=page_internal

A MASSIVE THANKS TO KEANY OF MOTOLAB OF BURNLEY... HE IS A TRUE PAL, GENT AND A TOP BIKE MECHANIC CHECK OUT HIS OTHER WORK GUYS AND CUSTOM BUILDS AND IF THERE IS ANY OF YOU NEAR OR CLOSE TO LANCASHIRE HE IS WELL WORTH A VISIT OR BOOKING IN YOUR PRIDE AND JOY AS THEY GET TREAT RIGHT THERE AND YOUR NEVER RIPPED OR MUGGED OFF.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  19. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

The problem with your rear wheel.. Iv put a Vespa in a runner, I just changed the hubs over.. Works fine

20. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

yeah i got a new 13" rim which went on fine 14" would of been to tight with tyre expansion at full chat