DNA GTS 300 ie Super Sport project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Bushtucker, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

I have seen custom 13 " wheels on a Gts so far .... i need to measure but if the engine same size as my current 180 4t (in the drive part) it should also take the 14" wheel.. i have not got both items together yet. bike at home and engine at workshop. from looking at rear end there seems space but ... expansion of the rubber ...

2. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    You wont need anything to alter the gearbox , when you take the case off you will see that there are (i think) 3 different locations for the output shaft . Piaggio used this gearbox throughout their models and simply moved the shaft and gearing to satisfy the rim diameters used on different bikes.

3. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

So i can just put it in the correct hole then??? hey presto 14" wheel???
    Great news after speaking to Zak @ Fowlers of Bristol he was impressed with the project and has advised me that other than a bit of wiring it should work on carburettor off the current stator plate just need to use pick up wires and discard all the other sensor wires. just need the time now

4. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

Taking ped to garage this Thursday where I shall whip the old engine out and in with the new ... then mess about with changing to carb whoop I will take some pics on phone and upload when I get a min

5. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

6. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

ok here is a update on the project... my carb goes on no probs just needs a small spacer so it fits better. but have a new idea with the injector part of the manifold and that is to use for nitrous hahahaha just need a bottle and button to press .
    its out with the old leader engine today as well and in goes the 300 lump i will update pics when i take some more

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

you could run avgas through the injector nozzle? that would be good!

8. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

carb fitted on 300 300 with carb.jpg

9. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

10. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

this is the gts with injector body off it . as you can see from the 2nd pic a small mod and I should be able to direct Nitrous Oxide it. Think I found the kit via sip germany they do a universal kit for scooters. This build is getting better and better . gts no carb.jpg gts no carb1.jpg

11. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    I can see the piston and rings going on it with the first shot of nitrous, small engines aren't made for it.

12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

the rings are ok with nitro, its the piston that takes a beating, and the bearings too

13. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

both engines side by side the engine mount needs new bearings but pm tuning mount is more beefy so its been ordered both engines.jpg

14. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

have you decided on running nitro?

15. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

looking into it atm with correct burst control it should last a while before things wear out and it would be a fun way to use the stock parts before changing to modified parts. It will be one of the last things to worry about as well as there is still the carb conversion to deal with after converting to malossi cdi box the pick ups should a ok to use but may have slight timing differences on the the valves but all should be straight forward to do...
    There is a new video up on Motolabs facebook page of the gts lump in the DNA with my PM torque curl exhaust system on it..

16. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

getting very excited about it now just want my 14" wheel in the rear now it looks funny with 12 " wheel in the back

17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

yeah, it does look wierd with that small back wheel, might handle quite well tho

18. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

it still has a mitchy shitty grip on it as well but would prefer my 14" 0r a 13" wheel in it it will gear it up a bit and hopefully give a better top end speed

19. Bushtucker

Bushtucker Member

it handled very well to begin with and would compete well on the twisty stuff against 600 cc+ 12" wheel may loose all that .

20. rossm

rossm Member

Any updates?