Dna 180 - gas flowed standard or malossi v4?

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by rickbezer, Jan 19, 2019.

1. rickbezer

rickbezer Member

As per title, will be starting to gather some parts to upgarde the dna 180, have malossi 34mm carb, will be getting the malossi powercam, but insure what would get the best results/bang for buck?

Malossi v4 head £350ish from italy

Or standard head gas flowed with bigger valves? £unknown

If anybody has any experience to add to this dilema would be much apreciated.

Thanks - Richard

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I think a gas flowed head would be pretty good. What piston are you using?

3. rickbezer

rickbezer Member

Its a stock dna 180cc 4t, was thinking that have 34mm carb coming (got for good price) then thinking power cam, pipe and finish with head but as I said wasn’t sure if £ for £ would be best to bite the bullet and get the malossi head, or if the standard head but still reep good results from it for flowing. Would be nice to flow the malossi! But going to do it bit by bit!

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I don't want to rain on your parade but you'll spend a shed load of money for very little gain, I once did a GT 200 for a friend with all the bits, a waist of time to be perfectly honest. If you insist on doing it then the cam/ head work with the std carb is the route I'd go, I'm no proven expert but have had some years playing with scooters!.

5. rickbezer

rickbezer Member

Cheers mate,

Thats cool all input greatly recieved!

As the carb was not a great outlay thought would be a shame not too.
    Though have read that they can lead to rough running.

Thought the cam would be a given for good gain.

I may make enquiries regards to having the head flowed and see how that prices up.

If these bits get done think it would be nice to put a pipe on as my old one is getting a bit knackered! Though not mega fussed at present.

Just wanted to wake things up a bit, but dont want to outlay thousands, sure for around £400-£500 (already have carb) could spice things up a bit.

Cheers mate thanks for you perspective

6. rossm

rossm Member

Not sure the Malossi head will fit with the standard piston to be sure, think you need the big bore kit from them for it to fit as the valves are bigger

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Thats a fair point. You might find they foul the piston or bore