Derestriction of Honda Vision NSC 50 4 stroke

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by mermoto, Feb 27, 2013.

1. mermoto

mermoto New Member

Does anyone know how the new Honda Vision is restricted?

2. paul_h

paul_h New Member

there not restriced as such Honda built the engine to not exceed 28mph.
    I have a nsc50r very slow bike lol but I only travel short distances to work so the 147mpg is good for me.
    you can buy malosi and pollini variator kits for them but not sure if that will increase the speed.
    I took my variator off to check if it had a sleeve on it and it hasn't same with the exhaust nothing in there.
    I spoke to Honda to see if they had restricted the cdi unit and say no but they could be telling lies.

3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Kinda jealous of the mpg,have an old school 'vision' 50 from the 1980's-i was lucky to get 35 mpg on a good day.

paul_h likes this.
  4. paul_h

paul_h New Member

yeah been a long time since ive owned a scooter my last one was an 80's Yamaha passola.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Down my way the camino was champ,along with occ.puch/mobylette,different view about them now.
    Back then we were all on about 5-speed 50's "proper motorcycles. :) .
    I'd never even seen a scooter,let alone ridden one till 1987 (vespa pk50).

6. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    some 50 4 strokes can be made full power, i know piaggio told us when buying a scoot for my bro that the 4 strokes can also be made full power, not quite the same as a full power 2 stroke but a little more umpth then stock

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    dont touch it.. all the older stuff is becomming valuable, stick it in a shed somewhere, make it all spankin and buy yourself something else.. there are absolutly no parts for these about anymore (cranks/cylinders/service items) so it is verry hard work repairing them when they break. whatever you don dont tune it.. it will die, you will end up with a worthless pile of plastic...

8. Rune75

Rune75 New Member

9. paul_h

paul_h New Member

I've just fitted the above kit and yes it does improve the top speed.
    Not quite the 45mph as claimed on the site but it will now do 35 to 40 mph. Mind you it may do more once run in as mine has only done 350 miles.

10. Rui

Rui New Member

Hi, I know this is kinda old, but would that work on a HONDA NSC 50 WH-C 2013 4 stroke?

Also found this would work nicely along with the variator http://www.psntuning.co.uk/scooter_parts.php?prt_id=3769, anyone knows if this CDI is also compatible with my state model?

Thanks