derestriction mega thread.

Discussion in 'Scooter Guides' started by scubabiker, Oct 18, 2014.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

ok lets get this thread going, how to derestrict most scoots/gear mopeds
    (i am using personal experience and info from crash.no)
    APRILIA
    derbi senda/aprillia rs50/derbi GPR: exhaust has a restrictor plate, remove this and use a bigger main jet, also there is a plate on the carb. the gearing is also a little restricted, but they go well on standard chain and sprocket.

aprilia/piaggio carb: again. plate in the carb (all piaggio engine have it) restrictor ring in transmission. the exhaust is restricted, but they go pretty well on the standard pipe, obviously they go much better with a decent aftermarket pipe.

aprilia/piaggio Ditech/peugeot jetforce: these have a plate in the intake and they are also restricted via the ECU, you need to plug into diagnostics to make them go over 45KMH, maybe they have a ring in the vario too but i forget

yamaha/MBK aerox, jog, neos etc etc: vario ring, and exhaust (and obviously main jet) very fast with an aftermarket vario and pipe

peugeot speedfight 2/3 vivacity and other 2 stroke peugeots: vario, cant remember if its a ring or if its a plate bolted to the back.

that will do for now.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Got a Runner to do next week so i'll add to this. It's only doing 40 on the flat!

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

runners are the same as derbi/aprillia scoots, vario ring is the main one, but they have a restricted pipe and the carb has that little brass plate

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

add on for the runners...........restricted intake manifold rubber

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

they have that plate too right? the brass one in front of the carb?

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Nothing in front of the carb, just the restricted manifold. I have come across a couple that had the brass plate at the air filter end. But not this one. Done 2 in the last two days!
    You don't get any for ages and then...................

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i guess its just luck of the draw for them! its funny how sometimes the same bike can have differnt parts, like neos, some have brembo brakes, some have AJP or the other one

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Grimeca or Brembo. It's a bitch when you're trying to get replacement levers:confused: