Derestricting speedfight2

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Speedfight97, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Speedfight97

Speedfight97 Member

Hello! i want to de-restrict my sf2, it currently does 40 and then just stops there, no matter what.. The only thing that i know has been done is the washer has been taken off of the variator.
    Thanks for help!

2. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

does it have a bit coming off the exhaust manifold? If so either get it cut off and welded up or get sports pipe

3. Speedfight97

Speedfight97 Member

it has a leo vince exhaust, do i still have to do that?

4. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    That is about right derestricted speed for an air cooled peugeot engine

5. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

if you take the pipe off and look in the manifold and there's a spot welded cone in it that's a restrictor

6. Cockers

Cockers I hate speedfights

There is a restricted on the variator too, as well as the exhaust take the variator off you can't miss it, it's like a big washer easy enough to remove and easy enough to re fit if needed!

excuse the video length etc but it shows you what it is and how to remove! don't fiddle to much!

have fun

7. Rebel without a clue

Rebel without a clue Active Member

Rides:
    2000 Speedfight 50
    Mine has a Leo Vince on it. I changed the variator (mainly because the one on it was rusty) and put lighter rollers in it, and put a slightly bigger jet in the carb and binned the front half of the air box. Mine does 55mph now!
    I think I read somewhere that if you derestrict a Leo Vince it is no longer road legal. Something to do with the noise I think.

8. Cockers

front half as in the airlink pipe? haha I had to pay 15 quid for one of them becuase they just die in the rain with out them :(

9. Rebel without a clue

Rides:
    2000 Speedfight 50
    Yeah the link pipe. It was just another rattle. And these days I'm a fair weather biker so not an issue so far.

10. Cockers

I see, I used mine come rain or shine missed a few days of college due to the air link pipe not being there haha

11. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG

It's only noisy if you don't have anything in your end can. My leo vince has been de-restricted and i can't see why it wouldnt be road legal, but it's noisy as hell* without any insulation in the end can.

12. Rebel without a clue

Rides:
    2000 Speedfight 50
    It's too far for me to use as a daily commute so I have the option of avoiding rain.

I still have the link pipe so I can always pop it back on if needs be.

13. Rebel without a clue

Rides:
    2000 Speedfight 50
    Might empty my can. Where's my spanners?

14. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG

take a look at it, i've only stuffed mine with yellow polishing cloths and it's pretty quiet, in my project thread there's a video of me revving with an empty end can and one with it stuffed, big difference:)

15. Craigsp

Craigsp New Member

Hi, I'm looking to restrict my speedfight 2 to pass my yearly ITV (Spanish version of MOT)
    I have the standard exhaust but my veriator isnt restricted. I'm aware it's a washer but I carnt seem to find out what size of washer I need. Can someone tell me please??

16. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

It's not a washer on these, it's a plate that bolts to the back of the variator

17. MadHead69

MadHead69 New Member

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me iv a lc 50 Speedfight 2 but having problems it was a non runner but iv managed to get it running but it's not running right.
    It as the standard exhaust system on it standard variator and rollers standard clutch and a standard 12mm carb and a standard air box and filter.
    Does anyone no what pilot and main jet I should be using as I'm having problems getting the per to idle properly.