Derestricting Keeway F-ACT 50 Where to start?!

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Kim001, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Kim001

Kim001 New Member

Rides:
    F-ACT 50
    I'm not much of a scooter mechanic myself, but my mate has been doing bikes for years now. Where would i start derestricting my 50cc scooter? Would i need a new exhaust and variator? And is there anything internally that needs doing? :)

I'm looking at spending £150-£200 on parts :) Cheers guys :good:

2. Kim001

Kim001 New Member

Rides:
    F-ACT 50
    Found this exhaust on adrenaline-pedstop.co.uk its local so i can go pick them up. Are these parts any good?!

Exhaust: £79.99

The LeoVince Scoot “TT” range is the top range of sporting exhaust systems of the Scoot range which manages to combine high performance, quality design at competitive price levels. The CE marked system features an expansion chamber made of 10/10 mm steel with an “open” double-chamber structure, combined with a rounded shaped silencer made of stainless steel and shiny aluminium skinned.
    The kit also contains a set of springs and rollers to boost the variator performance according to the particular features of the exhaust and engine for which it has been developed.

Variator: £51.09

Polini speed controls are one of those parts that really need to be looked at before considering any other up-grades. Improved ramp angles and overall weight reduction allows for a more consistent and improved acceleration especially once your engine begins to heat up and transfer temperature into your drive belt.

In some cases the actual variator face has a greater diameter than the stock part which allows for improved top speed as well as the expected overall increases. Each kit is supplied with rollers although these may need changing as they would on any speed control kit if other modifications have taken place.

Any good? Do i need to do anything else to my Scoot? :confused:

Or should i just get a Stage 6 pro replica for £113? :good:

Attached Files:

3. phil 'NRG' bodham

phil 'NRG' bodham New Member

Rides:
    PIAGGIO NRG
    the leo vince 'TT' exhaust arnt really the best the leo vince 'ZX' there much better i put 1 on my NRG gave it aa good power gain just remember to take the restrictor out of it :good:

and you dont need a new variator but a new 1 will be lighter and give better acceleration and top end but if you just take the restriction washer out of the standard variator will add about 10 mph then the exhaust should make the bike go over 50 with ease

4. Kim001

Kim001 New Member

Rides:
    F-ACT 50
    Ahh legend :cheers: Thanks :)
    The ZX won't fit on my Keeway so i'll probably go for the Stage 6 Replica :good:
    Cheers mate :grin:

5. BossMan172

BossMan172 Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr 172
    yeah the new variator isn't entirely necessary..go for the stage 6 pipe
    and upjet about 5-8%..im sure your mate is familiar with this? so buy a jet pack which starts with your standard jet
    slightly harder clutch springs
    and lighter rollers
    both cheap additions which are compulsory if your adding a pipe unless u want it to bog everywhere lol

6. Kim001

Kim001 New Member

Rides:
    F-ACT 50
    Thanks guys :D I'll have to pin him down and get him to it :p

7. smithy2k919

smithy2k919 New Member

hello,

I own a keeway fact 50 i can onli get a top speed off 28mph, i was hoping someine could tell me how i can get it derestricted, where i can get this done and how much it will cost me. thanks.

8. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

have a chat with your local bike shop if you dont fancy tackling the job your self ;)