Derbi Senda signal problems

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Karmafield, May 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Karmafield

Karmafield Member

Hello,

I've been driving my Derbi for a while now, but nothing like this has occured before.
    A day ago I noticed, that my turn signals are not working properly. They were absolutely fine days before that, I checked them every day before going in the streets.
    Video footage:

In the video you can see, that the right side is working properly, but the left side's front blinker is not turning on at all. The back left is not turning off, but dimming instead of turning off completely.

The only thing I can recall for the cause, is that I was driving through light rain for an hour or so, 2 days before the problem. I checked the battery fuse, relay and visible parts of the wiring. A friend told me there are multiple fuses for scooters and I should check.
    Has anyone else had this problem before? Is it a blown fuse? If so, then where do I check them and search for them? Please help.

Thank you.

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Bad earth.
    Check your bulbs and the bit the bulb goes into.

Karmafield likes this.
  3. Karmafield

Karmafield Member

Thank you for the response. Will do. A friend of mine broke the back lights yesterday night. Will remove them and get new ones.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    scubabiker likes this.
  4. Karmafield

Karmafield Member

An update on how it all worked out!

I got a scheme for the wiring online, and inspected it. I came to a fix without even inspecting the wiring in real life. My speedometer light indicator later didn't show the lights were even turned on, meaning there was no ground for both the lights. The front left had burned out and the rear had a bad ground solder for some reason (It used to be fine before). So glad this worked out.

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I called it!
    I am always right

Karmafield likes this.