Derbi senda drd pro 50 various warning lights

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Natkiky, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Natkiky

Natkiky New Member

Hi, I have my sons recently purchased 2012 derbi senda drd pro evo 50 which has low fuel, oil and temperature lights all on. All levels good. Short out oil light and it goes brighter so I assume probably not sender unit failure x 3. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Have checked through wiring as best as poss and couldn't see too much.

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

oooh.... sounds like the loom has a short somewhere, they should all light up when the bike is first turned on, but then turn off after 3 seconds or so.
    but sounds very much like the loom has a short, or at least the instrument cluster, check the wiring behind the instruments for obvious damage, and if you see nothing i suggest looking where the loom goes past the steering stem, the bit where the loom has to bend with the turning of the bars, ive seeen it on a few derbis and yamahas, but never on a DRD pro (thats the electric start model right?)

3. Natkiky

Natkiky New Member

Actually this one is kick start only

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

it should have electric start im pretty sure.... hmmm but yeah, have a check out of the above mentioned faults and get back to me if you dont find anything there