Derbi Senda coolant leak

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Karmafield, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Karmafield

Karmafield Member

Hello,

So my coolant started leaking a few days back through the weep hole. I checked online, yup, my water pump is leaking. So I ordered a replacement kit.

I will be following this guide:
    https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums...ng-Willows%96The-repair-of-a-Derbi-water-pump

As you can see, the person opens up the engine's clutch side to replace the water pump's plastic gear and all the small rings etc. My kit also comes with that gear etc., but my friend told me, if you open the engine side up, you need a new engine gasket. Is it true? If so, I haven't ordered it and won't be able to replace it once it's opened up :/. Please help.

Thank you

2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Yes you need the new clutch cover gasket

Karmafield likes this.
  3. Karmafield

Karmafield Member

Okay, thank you very much.

4. Sam phantom

After you have fitted the kit it’s a good idea to check the gear oil after the first long ride to make sure you don’t have a internal water leak from the inner pump seal

Karmafield likes this.
  5. Karmafield

Karmafield Member

Will do! I guess I'll check if the coolant is disappearing out of nowhere and not leaking on the floor.

Exactly this was happening in winter when I bought the bike. Guess I'll get a surprise once I change the oil.

Also, sadly I am not able to get a new head gasket for the engine, due to Derbi not being a popular brand here. Is there any way to re-use the old one? Any type of grease?

Thank you.

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Just get a new one. Its the same as aprilia and gilera.

Karmafield likes this.
  7. Karmafield

Karmafield Member

Okay, thank you!

8. Sam phantom

After you have fitted the kit it’s a good idea to check the gear oil after the first long ride to make sure you don’t have a internal water leak from the inner pump seal
    head gasket ? What’s happening with the head?

Yes the gear oil will look like choc milk shake of there’s been a leak

Karmafield likes this.
  9. Karmafield

Karmafield Member

Well nothing's happening with it, I just mean that the gaskets are hard to get here, if I open up the engine and put it back together. :)