Derbi gp1 owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Rickard Pingol, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Holla :)
    From sweden here.
    Im at the planning stage.
    Anyhow i want to tune up my gp1 scooter
    Build it around the polini corsa 70cc.
    Just bought the leo vince handmade where the muffler is located under the seat on the right side. I dont know if its the optimal exhaust for that cylinder. But its supposed to jazz with both. 50 and 70 cc cylinder and are focused on the low end. Since the gp1 isnt buildt as other scooters im in doubt most exhausts will fit. Can probably be sorted out with sone welding. But i begin with the leo exxo.
    The scooter community isn't as large as it was a few years ago. But hopefully there's some guys here with some good input.. and regarding my build it will be focused on "fun" city street ride-ability than extreme speed. I have my motorcycle for fast speeds.
    Regarding my skills I'm just a YouTube weekend warrior, done minor repairs. But I'm close to 40 years old. And had a lot of other scooters in my past. A few aeroxes. Neos.beta ark. Jog r.
    Piaggio ciao. Gilera runner and stalker. And my mother's honda pink purple ugly ass. Don't remember the name :)
    Regarding my gp1, tho i liked all my scoots for what they are tje gp1 so far has the nicest roadability of all i ridden. So stable and and fun in the curves. Ill be back.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Great fun bikes to ride. Suck to work on. It's the chain drive one right?
    Hei frå Noreg!
    Here there is a bit of a scene but mostly it's 16 year old kids, not too many people ride scooters past that age....

3. Rickard Pingol

Yeah the chain drive. Yeah its a little tough working on. And i wonder if the society is different from my youth. Kids nowadays are occupied with other stuff than scooters. And as you say its just an short period in most kids life before they transition to other things. As all vehicles, scooter is such a freedom at that age. To bad many miss out on it.

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Is Sweden like Norway with bikes, in that bikes don't have any sort of MOT/EU kontroll?
    Here people just get on the scoot, turn the key and ride. Never check anything and only replace things when it stops working....
    Like tyres that are flat, and split in 2 because its been ridden for 5000km with no air....

5. Rickard Pingol

Yes its the same. And if you ride descent and the scooter isnt to loud in populated areas usually police dont disturb you. And thats a good thing :). And by the way. I lived in norway"oslo"many years ago. Like many swedes. I really miss it. Such a good country, with good people,many happy memories. Happened to meet a girl in sweden before i moved to norway, so i only stayed for a year and went back. But im back from time to time, a childhood friend still lives there