Dentists

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MrXT, Feb 1, 2016.

1. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

I had root canal retreatment on a tooth last tues by a private endodontist. The problem still appears to be there now and I just rang the dentist to cancel to appointment I had with a normal private dentist to instead see the endodontist again as the problem still persists and the dentist would only be able to refer me back to the endodontist for advice on what happens next. I got a call back saying that the endodontist refuses to see me and I should keep the appointment with the normal dentist to make sure it isn't a waste of his time. What's I find objectionable is that iv just paid the endodontist £600 to do the tooth so seeing him again would be free as its based on the treatment I already paid for but seeing the other dentist will cost me another £75 only I'm sure it will end in him saying yep you need to see the endodontist again. Is he allowed to do this?

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

dentists in the uk all suck and horribly overcharge. i have just had months and months of corrective surgery here in norway because of inept UK dentists from the 20 odd years i lived in the uk...... you know that stuff they used for your filling? its poison and banned through most of europe and the world....... (im actually pretty good friend s with my dentist/tooth terrorist)

3. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

I only have one filling in my mouth and that's on the tooth I needed the root canal, I got tired of NHS neglecting my teeth and either not noticing or not telling me about problems. I had an NHS checkup one week and was told your teeth are fine, I then go private so I can see an endodontist about getting an abscess fixed on this filled tooth and the dentist notices I need 3 more fillings due to cavities. Only difference between NHS dentist and private is NHS don't give a flying fuck because they don't think they are payed enough and private dentists want to squeeze every penny they can from you even for I think unneeded treatment.

What I should have done is fly to anywhere in Europe and had this problem tooth fixed anywhere, got a little holiday out of it and still been left with more money in my pocket.

I also don't think silver fillings are as bad as they say. The mercury in them is solid, even if you swallow the whole thing it would pass right through you. The only way it can be harmful is if it were dust or liquified many places around the world have banned it due to the POSSIBLE health risk but most professionals will tell you the risk is so minimal it might as well not even be mentioned, people just freak out when they hear mercury. Besides wtf does America know, they still use bleached flour!!!

scubabiker likes this.
  4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

what gets me is kinder eggs are illegal in america!

MrXT likes this.
  5. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Politicians are stupid everywhere.

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

its in the job description i think.....