Dealing with misting glasses

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Omega, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Omega

Omega Member

i got myself great new helmet, modular Schumberth C3 Basic. I also got pinlocks to avoid misting visors. However, I wear glasses and they get misty when I ride around the town
    Could you recommend what I could do? I keep my visor partly open, but don’t like it. Leaving glasses at home - don’t like this option either. Contact lenses - do not exist for my condition and anyway I won’t wear them
    I cannot find breathe deflector for my helmet. So I am thinking of a mask that I could wear on my face and then put the helmet on. This means it should not stick out too far so that I could put down the face of the helmet
    Thanks a lot

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there isn't a really good solution to this.
    Yes there are plenty of anti-mist products out there, but like you, I also find that when I stop, my glasses start to steam up.
    The only solution I have found is to pop open the visor a bit when I come to a stop and drop it again when moving.

3. Omega

Omega Member

Do you know some universal deflector that could be installed on any helmet? I had pne on my Shoei helmet and it worked quite well

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Took my deflector out, caused the same problem

5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    deflector in - deflector out still have same problem.

I do what steve does , just slip the lid open a tad when at lights, then soon as your on the way i flip it fully down.
    there are times when even with visor down i am getting misted so thats when the lid gets popped open a little to keep a fresh breeze blowing over difuser and up into glasses .

Mask , i also own one of those and it does not work ( well for me ) , breathe tends to leak from around nose area and ends up misting the spec's , saying that i have a small face and these masks are more an adult sizing so they never sit snug round my nose/cheeks and ted to leak warm breath , BUT they do keep the old face hella warm when you have shaved of the old chin rug ( beard for all you younguns that cant grow them yet )

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I use a drop of fairy liquid rubbed on the inside of my visor and that helps with misting, maybe try it on your glasses !! A tiny drop on kitchen roll rubbed on dry and buffed lightly till clear.

7. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Warm moist breath in the confines of a helmet will cause misting, especially in the cold weather as it will condense on contact. This will improve a lot when it gets warmer. Crack open the visor reduces the temperature and stops the condensing. Wearing a mask or scarf may help a little by reducing the moisture but as previously mentioned breath seeps through the nose area and straight up to the glasses.
    Fresh cool air, cool your own breath by sucking on an ice cube or use defogging spray. A decent anti mist will help but needs to be added regularly especially as every time you touch your glasses you’ll wipe a little off.