De-restricted Aprilia SR 50 R 2T 2020 but now slower?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by abillybob, Jul 2, 2022.

1. abillybob

abillybob New Member

Hi All,

So I recently purchased a 2020 Euro 4 2T Piaggio engined Aprilia SR 50 R and have followed this blog post in order to de-restrict it. https://www.pedparts.co.uk/blog/how-to-derestrict-euro4-piaggio-typhoon-50cc-2-stroke-scooter (They're supposed to be the same engine)

I've replaced the CDI with a Malossi Electronic and left the black and white wire connected as apparently you should do that with the Malossi CDI. I've also replaced the variator bush with one that doesn't have a washer.

I've tried cleaning the air filter and have also replaced the spark plug but to no avail, bike will still only do 30mph.

Rollers are stock 6-7g, exhaust is stock and hasn't been de-restricted, I've also left the carb plate in so this is restricted as I'd need to upjet to 64.

But this blog post states even with the two derestrictions I've performed I should happily get over 40mph but that is not the case, in fact I'd say it even seems slower.

Is there something I'm missing here? Or is it just the fact I'll have to de-restrict the carb and exhaust too?