cylinder wall

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by metalizzer, Oct 17, 2021.

1. metalizzer

metalizzer New Member

Rides:
    a horse and a donkey
    HI
    can i get away with this or do i need a new cylinder. these scratches are 5/6 mm below the exhaust and lubrication ports. strange because it only has 10.000km and the engine is full of oil. almost seems like a 4 stroke!... another thing i have to solve. probably the oil pump let´s oil through when stoped. If i need a new cylinder can i get a 150cc and use the 125cc head i have? fotos are taken from the crank side . And it´s a 1994 piaggio skipper skr 125 2 stroke
    thnx

Attached Files:

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

New cylinder I'm afraid. That's the nikasil plating that's coming away.
    It'll rip the rings to pieces if you just use a new piston.
    You could have it bored, iron sleeved and honed to a new oversize piston, PJME do that.
    As for bigger bore kits, no idea

3. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

4. metalizzer

metalizzer New Member

Rides:
    a horse and a donkey
    thanks a lot my friend. yes it would be great to install that one but besides the price i would have to spend even more to take advantage of the 172cc upgrade. Almost bought a 150cc used one but the guy wanted 170€ for it , did´nt know for sure the condittion, miles , would have to buy new rings and pay to hone the walls . so , I bought a brand new 125cc one like this on the link. only diferrence is the brand , instead of ALU is BGM... think it was the most reasonable option for the money i have to spend.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35365445...efaultOrganicWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c101224.m-1

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

PJME would probably cost you about the same. I had my Speedfight 100 done by them, £109 all in. That's bored, sleeved, new oversize piston kit and gaskets, and delivered back to me.

6. metalizzer

metalizzer New Member

Rides:
    a horse and a donkey
    I´m in Lisbon. never heard about them. good to know despite having to pay taxes... you guys have to come back to europe. LOL