Crank oil seal

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by ybot1966, May 8, 2020.

1. ybot1966

ybot1966 Member

Ok I pulled out crank oil seal using screws drilled in and when it came out a crown like plastic disk which had a cup for each of eight ball bearing in the crank cane out
    Is this compulsory as I can’t see how you can line up the ball bearings to it without splitting thecrank open as the bearings are now bunch together with gravity

Attached Files:

2. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

I guess splitting the engine, and replace the bearings is the way to go.

MARSH likes this.
  3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Engine strip to check it out !

4. ybot1966

ybot1966 Member

such a pain the factory bearing has poxy resin cage the ball bearing are loose and the crank sounds like a bag full of spanners on idle

5. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

You got the blessings from George michael. You can DO IT :)

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah, that should not have happened.... Time to split the cases.... You normally get a grinding sound long before the bearing falls apart...

7. ybot1966

ybot1966 Member

lol

8. ybot1966

ybot1966 Member

The bike suddenly lost torque while driving so it thought it was the seals pity it didnt have decent covered bearings, so now im going to take the engine out and change both crank bearings, ive got a suspicion its the primary or secondary gears though. THe slider seems to have two bolts holding engine on, the one going through engine which attaches to a bracket which bolts to the front part of the bike.

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah most scooters have that little subframe thing

10. ybot1966

ybot1966 Member

I got the stator fan and cenre bolt off, but are the covers suppose to be hard to get off it wont budge there are metal dowls in it but i think yeir just weights is there anytging else ho;ding it on

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

What bike is it?

12. ybot1966

ybot1966 Member

Yamaha slider i think i need a stator pulley i seem to need a tool for each part im taking off

13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

You need a puller for the stator.
    I'm not 100% sure on the plastic cowls, but they normally come off easy enough on the horizontal minerelli motors. Make sure all the bolts are out. You may have to take the intake manifold off