Craigs Vespa Cosa 125

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Craig Earp, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Craig Earp

Craig Earp New Member

I know it aint a runner, dragster or an auto (yes it has a clutch and 4 gears and is slow ), but while im waiting for insurance to fix my vespa gt ( involves a clio and hitting the rear of my bike at speed )
    ive got a project to do.
    there aint many of these about (loads of px's, t5's) but cosa (roughly translated into italian meaning "thing") are quite rare, and look rather a lot like the gt 125.
    this one im doing in williams f1 livary, white frame and rime navy blue everything else, engines being rebuit by a local lad with 125 top end and polini pipe and upjetting the standared carb, 180 or 166 kit on the cards in the futre, getting seat re covered and rims, flywheel copwling powder coated in white by local firm but for now just sanded panels and frame ready for primer, just need to get my arse in gear and finish it :D
    click on pics for a larger image

[​IMG]

this pic is of the frame and various panels and body parts

[​IMG]

this is a pic of the engine and boxes of parts from the bike when i striped it

[​IMG]

pic of a cosa typical 80's styling

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    doesent matter what it is round here, scooters a scooter :d nice rare moddle anyway so will be nice to see it finnished

3. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

Will look nice when its done.
    Best thing about a cosa is the gearing?
    uncle had cosa gears in his PX175 and that went mad would powerwheelie and everything with that gearing

4. tinribs

tinribs New Member

thanks a funky scoot mate.

Are you going to do fit the larger bore whilst the engine is out?

5. Craig Earp

Craig Earp New Member

might do if i can get a cheap one, would want a polini 180 as its cast and can be rebored if seized and would go nice with the pipe ive got for it :D

sent seat of to get recovered, £40 it's gonna cost

starting to primer the frame ready for paint

6. tinribs

tinribs New Member

can't wait to see it finished, I quite fancy getting an older vespa....

7. Craig Earp

Craig Earp New Member

if you do get one dont start the bike in gear and twist the throtle, i did and the bike nearly cartwheeled into the kitchen window! still got back on two wheels though maybe i should be a stunt rider ;)

8. tinribs

tinribs New Member

LMAO :D

A similar thing happend to me ages ago, a pizza boy's scoot broke down on my parents drive, throttle cable had broked and jammed full throttle. he left it there so my and my bruv decided to start it. NOT a good idea - gravel drive! the scoot was going nuts, gravel shooting everywhere! it was wrestling a bear.

9. Craig Earp

Craig Earp New Member

i pretend to be a pizza delivery boy, on my gt theres a rack for a top box so i get a empty pizza box strap to my bike and drive around for hours ppl pull up to me at lights asking where im going etc

10. tinribs

tinribs New Member

11. Craig Earp

Craig Earp New Member

well started sprayin scooter, engines beein rebuilt bya freind, got my exhaust and should be getting a 166 kit in post tomorrow :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Craig Earp

Craig Earp New Member

Frames all Done except the williams stickers, engine needed a new crank, luckerly i had one out of some old casings i had knockin about. just waitin on the engine, then ive got to send of log book and get colour and cc changed, wont be ready for morecambe rally though :(
    and my GT hasent come back from repairers either :(

maybe i'll have my gt and cosa on the road for SCARBOURGH ooh choices choices :confused:arc:

13. Craig Earp

Craig Earp New Member

havent updated in a while so here goes

when engine was split we found out the clutch basket had a hair line crack in it so im replacing it with a new one, crank had no thread on clutch side but i had one in my garage and i got a malossi 166 head and barrel for £40 just needs new piston and gaskets and it'll be like new, but for now puttin 125 top end on, scooters all sprayed except for rims havent got round to do them yet and ive stared doin the stickers on my vinyl cutter at home just this second jinished the side panels

[​IMG]

if enough intrest is shown in the stickers i might start doin some for other people, just ask or me or summet