Covert Traffic cameras in Blackwall Tunnel

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by px166bajaj, Apr 3, 2007.

1. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Heard this from a mate in my club on Sunday, whose wife works in the control centre for Blackwall Tunnel.

Mayor Ken has decreed that covert traffic cameras are to be installed in the South to North bore of the Blackwall Tunnel. These are for the express purpose of gathering revenue.

If he gets enough from the scheme, cameras will be installed in the North to South Bore.

Revenue from these will fund covert cameras in the Dartford Tunnel, with the eventual plan to fit them on the QE2 Bridge.

You have been warned.

2. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

are you on about speed cameras here??? its illegal to have 'covert' cameras as such, they have to be a bright yellow box now so you cant miss them?

or are you on about congestion charging cameras? doesnt apply to anyone here as anything with 2 wheels doesnt have to pay?

sam :nerd:

3. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

My understanding is that the law has changed. New cameras don't have to be yellow, but existing ones have to stay yellow.

4. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    also, he's virtually in charge, he sys if it's legal or not. best bet is to start a large firee in there or something in protest. an old ford sierra would go up well, placed right under a camera.

5. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Nah, a Volvo. Preferably with the driver inside.

6. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    rofl yeah, shame to waste sierras now, not so many left. as for volvo's i wish there weren't any left.

7. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

My old Tranny had a 2ltr Sierra engine. It used to do a ton.

And 10mpg :w00t:

[​IMG]

8. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    that's odd, i had a sierra with a tranny engine.

9. StEvO

StEvO Active Member

1ompg loooooooooooool nice

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    mum has a small horsebox built from a transit 2l petrol... verry neerly got a 16v or 3l essex engine as its depressingly slow but i dont have to drive it anymore so she can suffer with it

11. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

My current Transit is a 2.5 diesel. It's a bit of a plodder but I get 25mpg out of it.

And plenty of scooters into it. ;)