Could somebody confirm if im right please?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Dae2830, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Dae2830

Dae2830 Member

Hi

Am i right in saying a Dellorto 12mm carb with manual choke has a stock main jet size of 86?

I have searched everywhere and typed every question and have no definite answer....i have tried first myself believe me.

I have read the differences of standard main jet from 52-55-62-72-86.

The carb in question is fitted to a 1998 yamaha neos yn50. It was on the bike when i bought it secondhand. I just need the standard size of jet before i go on the experience of upjetting. Its only got a replacement mallossi filter and a technigas pro silent derestricted.

Thank you in advance

2. Dae2830

Dae2830 Member

Sorry to be impatient guys, but if i have the wrong carb or something i would like to order one today. Just need the standard jet size so i have something to work from.
    Thanks again

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Way too big for a 12mm carb.
    The problem is you have 2 aftermarket items that require the carb to be re-jetted to suit them and the new engine configuration.
    So your best solution is to buy 2 packs of jets, ranges from 50 to 75 and 75 to 100, then start the jetting procedure from the biggest and work down to find the best one for that set-up.

4. Dae2830

Dae2830 Member

Thank you mate. I thought it was a large jet compared to other 12mm. At least i know which direction to go.
    If my jet was too large, would it cause the engine to stall on idle due to flooding?