Clutch Choice

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Luke Farmer, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Luke Farmer

Luke Farmer New Member

Hi I have a Yamaha aerox with a polini variator, polini belt, standard clutch with polini blue springs, 3.5g stage6 rollers and a 80main jet.

Would it make my aerox faster if I put a polini clutch in with springs or won't change the speed ?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Nope wont make it faster

things that make your scooter faster :

big bore kit = it makes the engine produce more power and that means a higher top end speed, but is goverened by the gearing ratio in gearbox.

sport/race exhaust , these tend to not be restricted and allow the engine to produce its max power , a stock exhaust restrictes the engines ability to produce power .

bigger carb = more fuel and more fuel = a bigger bang that inturn means a tiny extra bit of power.

Gear up kit = a set of toothed gears that replace the stock ones in the gearbox, these give you a higher gearing ratio and that means you have a higher top end speed, a gear up kit is normally used when you add a big bore kit as the engine has the ability to produce more power and pull a higher gearing ratio. a stock derestricted scooter would struggle to pull a gear up kit , not saying it will not but it would take you many many miles to reach the top speed provided due to engine power being a little low.

add all the above to a scooter and you have one that could reach 120kmh or close to but more like 90-100kmh , BUT the quest for top speed means your going to wear out the engine parts faster .