Cleaning your motorcycle jacket

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MrXT, Jan 22, 2016.

1. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Mines pretty dirty at this point but there's no washing instructions. I noticed how bad it was after i got some whipped cream on my cuffs and washed the sleeves under a tap with some water at work (don't ask about the whipped cream) and the water ran black as it came out of the arm of my jacket.

There's no washing instructions and the built in armour padding might not be safe in the washing machine. How do you clean yours? Can you dry clean?

2. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    I just take mine to the Laundrette/Dry cleaners and ask them if they know how to do them.
    Ive been using the same one for a few years now, £25 and she does a good job.

Not useful i know but......... Stay away from whipped cream ;)
    (chocolate sauce is where its at xD )

3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Fully machine washable with removable armour.;).,if your dye came out just cleaning it under a tap.you deffo.DONT want to wash it with other clothing,had a couple of cheap jumpers out of market once.fkd up a load of light colours.!...worse than a red t-shirt.
    I'd try a 30 degree wash solo.(non-leather).,leathers for dry cleaning.though can be expensive.

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

clean-ing? what is that? i just ride around in the rain...... had it 5 years or so now and its still waterproof..... not sure how thats even possible onn a £20 leather jacket, but it is.....