Charger for battery help??

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by 4strokelover, Apr 14, 2018.

1. 4strokelover

4strokelover Active Member

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Sorry if this is the wrong section..
    Could someone enlighten me on the differences on battery chargers ?
    Im after a charger for this battery in the pic but not sure what it is (lead acid ect)
    Some chargers say for lead acid batts only and its starting to confuse me and dont want to buy the wrong one.
    Thanks in advance for any help.. Screenshot_2018-04-14-01-54-22.png Screenshot_2018-04-14-01-47-55.png

2. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Any normal SLA battery charger will work fine on this.

A dry charged battery is empty upon delivery and you fill it with the electrolyte that generally comes with it and then charge it.

Just get a standard 12v 1amp charger, you dont want anything that charges faster than 1amp because the battery capacity is too small and it will create too much heat and kill the battery.

3. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Thank you mrXT.
    I have been looking at the trickle chargers so thats the route ill take. Whats SLA ?

4. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

A 12v 1amp charger isn't a trickle charger considering the capacity of the battery. It would charge it in 4-6 hours.

Trickle chargers generally only charge at a few hundred milliamps.

SLA means sealed lead acid and its what dry charged battery's generally becomes once you fill them and seal them.

5. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Aah thank you for the help and knoledge. I love scootershack as can learn anything lol I chose to get a 12v 1.5amp automatic trickle charger. Only a cheap one as had a short budget but Works well and did charge it in about 4-5 hours.