Cert of Conformity - Di Blasi R7

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Jase71, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Jase71

Jase71 New Member

Hello All, I've rebuilt a Di Blasi R7 (folding Scooter) from a wreak...only to discover that because this particular bike (frame number) is USA made and the USA distributor is no more I can not get a Cert of Conformity. (the Italians Can't or wont cert it) This means that registeringering the imported bike is impossible.

Anyone ever found a loop hole...OR does someone have a Di Blasi Frame for sale so I can instal that and use the frame number to obtain a CoC. If it wasn't for the fact the bike was such a nightmare to work on I wouldn't bother, but it was and I refuse to let some ******* red tape stop me now at the last hurdle.

Cheers for any help. PS I live in Norway incase that's useful info
    Jase

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Oh vegvesen are a fucking nightmare right?
    Even with a COC they still want to check it.
    Hei fra Stord.

3. Ian Robinson

Ian Robinson Member

Just checked out your scoot on google images, could you register it as a custom build, it does look a bit homemade

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

He could, but the Norwegian version of DVLA are really funny about it. You need to apply before you start building the bike. They check the frame first etc etc red tape...

5. Jase71

Jase71 New Member

Thanks guys. My best bet believe it or not is to buy a second hand frame with an italian frame number.

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE