Cdi

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by steve82, Mar 2, 2017.

1. steve82

steve82 Nrg power

Rides:
    Piaggio nrg power dd
    does my nrg 50cc has a rev limiter? It revs out to 9250 ish and it sounds like a rev limiter! Can anyone help again

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

That'll be about the limit that the standard carb can put the fuel through without any mods to the bike.
    Might be the exhaust restricting the output of the gases or the air filter restricting the intake of air, or just that that's the limit of the setup on the bike.
    Are you trying this stood still or on the go?

3. steve82

steve82 Nrg power

Rides:
    Piaggio nrg power dd
    On the go reaches 50mph. All the restrictions been taken out 68mj,5.5 rollers and a Leo vince tt exhaust which I think is the problem seem to be cheap and nasty?

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Dont knock the leo vince tt pipe , they a good sport pipe , they will rust and they are a bit of a pain to tune your rollers to but once you get the rollers right that pipe shows with the power it produces

there is the technigas trek and thats only just above what the leo vince produces HP wise both a very close pipe to hp output, the leo vince is just shorter on powerband spread, above the trek and the TT is the technigas triops i pushes more hp than the leo vince and the trek pipes but costs a lotta extra pennys.

for sports pipe in the lower end price range the leo vince and technigas are ones most tuners will go to.
    if they have money they will push out and maybe grab a triops or more so a stage 6 - yasuni - hebo make of pipe and they are well above the 150 pound range mark and as much as £250.

your leo vince tt wont go very much more above 9500 rpm after that your loosing horsepower not gaining it, sounds like you have the pipe and roller setup just right, 50mph is very acceptable for a 50cc small engine scoot and trying to eak out a little extra rpm is going to start to cost a lotta money .

Stevep likes this.
  5. steve82

steve82 Nrg power

Rides:
    Piaggio nrg power dd
    Thank you will buy some 6.5 gr in to see what happens

6. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    6.5g wil open out more quicker, ie the engine will throw them out and engage second gear sooner, you can try them but you may not be happy with them to be honest.

50mph is very respectable from a 50cc scooter , more rpm does not mean more speed, for more speed you need more rpms PLUS more horsepower, you could fit a new pipe and have the NRG reving out to 11,000 rpm and still only be hitting 50mph , the reason is the rpm is just the engine speed without the extra horses the scoot wont be able to overcome the drag coefficient of the scooters body work and you sitting in a semi upright seating.

think of swimming in a pool in a fatman suit , theres a lotta drag and you expel a huge amount of energy to swim 10 meters. yet without the fatman suit your have a lower drag so your energy to drag is lower and you can swim 100 meter before your energy is expels . its the same with the scoot its only able to push you so fast before it runs out of power required to overcome the drag thats created. to get 60-70mph you would have to at the very least double if not treble your horse power. so that would mean going from a 50cc barrel to a 70cc barrel to gain that extra 4-5hp and propel you faster.

7. steve82

steve82 Nrg power

Rides:
    Piaggio nrg power dd
    I was looking into them just soon manybto choose from I don't use it everyday it just a bit of a hobby me time!! Any help would be great full!!!